Valemount Conditions and Updates 2020 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We regret to say that last night, (April 01) was the last grooming shift of the year for Clemina Creek.

The trail is deteriorating quickly in the lower portion leaving the staging area. It will still be completely passable throughout the weekend but you should expect to ride some bare patches.

Trail Passes will be required today and likely Saturday depending on user numbers.

Allan and Chappell will continue to be groomed as necessary.

Ride safe

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rode Alan creek today. Not a lot a of people up there. Trail and parking lot were good. Still snow from parking lot. Was only about 5-8” lots more in the trees. But it was snowing pretty good when. We headed down after our long day. Had a snow bike drop in a hole, he was down about 10’ took 7 guys to dig him out over an hour.

c25fe230f401e8ab78ff267664c079a2.jpg

7ee151783aa97c6211d10285499effc7.jpg

5c6e78c0fb5e20e6fa3850888f3f49c8.jpg

b190af53ffd5d112ae2c09f4af2cdd6d.jpg

2e2d15465f3f51bd652b24aa6df6fd0a.jpg

47340e249cab5d3db178d3808cd73e8b.jpg

6a0232d7f5ec86654062dc1dea1568dd.jpg

81758a8f904e8dd3198cc16117ac2bf7.jpg

2a79d327cff8e6b40b48b83aebc6704e.jpg

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Looks like a nasty hole for sure. Was there a decent base so you guys didn't fall further down?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
LOL Looks like a nasty hole for sure. Was there a decent base so you guys didn't fall further down?

He says it was much further down. And there was no base. He walked back to cabin to get us. Many stories to tell. All I can say is I wouldn’t want to be stuck in that hole with no shovel and a radio that has low battery. But all worked out

Now for another good day. Sunshine coming and it snowed good all night.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 2 stroke carbed Yamaha YZ 250 snow bike?? WTF... can't see that working very well at altitude

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding this Wed/Thurs and have room for a single to potentially tag along? Hoping I can get out for another ride mid week if plans work out.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Clemina today. Trail was way better than expected and only had dirt In a few areas on the bottom 4 km The temporary switchback at 4-5 was holding up, at the top of that the trail is great. Not many trucks there and a lot of powder to hit that fell the previous night. Excellent spring conditions. Was one of my top days, I’ll post pics when I get home and there going to be good. 1'-2’ of snow in open areas, Used all my fuel.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Saturday night there was a good storm that hit Valemount, heavy rain at times and when it got into the night some huge flakes. The trail at about km 10 and up had snow, as you got higher up everything had about 4 - 6" on the trail. The whoops were very minimal and not noticed as you got about km 11. As I said not many people in Clemina, there wasn't much more than a dozen trucks in the staging area. Lots of areas left to hit.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, and happy Saturday.

Just a heads up there as of tomorrow, Sunday April 11th our grooming operations will cease for the year. The snow keeps falling in the alpine, but the user numbers have all but disappeared during the week. The alpine conditions are reported to be quite good, with another round falling last night and a week of clear skies ahead.

Allan and Chappell still have great access from the staging areas.

Thank you all for choosing to RideValemount and support our our little village this season. We worked hard to provide you with great access all season long and I feel that we accomplished that goal. We will be updating on access and conditions as we can, but info becomes scarse at this time of year.

Thanks again and Ride Safe!

Curtis

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, and happy Saturday.

Just a heads up there as of tomorrow, Sunday April 11th our grooming operations will cease for the year. The snow keeps falling in the alpine, but the user numbers have all but disappeared during the week. The alpine conditions are reported to be quite good, with another round falling last night and a week of clear skies ahead.

Allan and Chappell still have great access from the staging areas.

Thank you all for choosing to RideValemount and support our our little village this season. We worked hard to provide you with great access all season long and I feel that we accomplished that goal. We will be updating on access and conditions as we can, but info becomes scarse at this time of year.

Thanks again and Ride Safe!

Curtis
All of our snow is basically gone in ol saskabush, lots of us are gearing up for an early start to the no snow season. Some of the farmers in the area are are getting ready to put anhydrous down before seeding as the fall weather didnt cooperate for it. Lots of equipment moving around here in this past week.

So that might be were the mid week riding crew went... haha. Everyone has switched gears.

Thanks for all the Updates this season VARDA, and working your ass off to get access into Clemina this year.

see ya next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom