Valemount Conditions and Updates 2019 2020

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Clemina on Saturday, 1st crew on hill, got to parking lot at 7:30 am. Lit the fire in the cabin, also brought some logs In. If your hanging around the cabin go below in the front and bring some wood in, on the west end of cabin.

Not much new snow since last weekend, our tracks had about 1” of new snow over them. The wind blew snow around quite a bit and made a crunchy top layer. We found some good playing in areas that snow wasn’t hit yet. There are many areas left to play with some new stuff, mostly in the trees though. We had a decent day used my entire tank of fuel
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200316/5cf80c43d8c106f4c39398d169762ee6.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200316/c86e508998c314dfdaaa5448f7c92930.jpg
we would of needed the spare fuel if it wasn't for the tree that jumped in front of one guy"s sled who was riding with us, but was a great day even though it started out cold but cleared off nicely

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to put any gossip away, our mountains are still open for business as usual although we are encouraging everyone to be a safe as possible and follow all the provincial recommendations.

Most of all, hide in the mountains, maybe avoid the warming shelters, if you are feeling sick stay home, and wash your hands people...

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can confirm that Polaris sleds still conquer Valemount mountains.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Please post your findings in the 2021 Polaris thread. As of sunday the wind had effected the vale mount area so badly the 250 ELAN could be king of the hill
So if I decide to go up the 2003 Skandics SWT will do fine?

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone. Be safe

Attachments

• Cease of Operations March 18-page-001.jpg
    Cease of Operations March 18-page-001.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 704

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry everyone. Be safe

I'm sure you will get many upset people over this decision, as will Revelstoke and any other organization that chooses this path. However with everything going on I personally believe this is a smart decision. Good On you guys for being willing to take the step and go to this extent. Hopefully it will not lead to all sorts of abuse of facilities and trails.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Is there any rules about camping in staging area parking lots? Thinking about tugging the holiday trailer out of storage.

Hughman

Reaction score
My group was scheduled to come out on the 26th to the 30th this was a message I was awaiting to see more less especially after Revelstoke just released their news today as well. Will be calling to cancel rooms as the foreseeable future with the recent virus outbreak hasn’t gotten any better!Thanks and we’ll hopefully see Valemount & area next season!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any rules about camping in staging area parking lots? Thinking about tugging the holiday trailer out of storage.

It has been done and being the slow season, there would not be much issue. Its when people try to do this on a busy weekend that we can get a little frustrated with the space being taken up, but I see no reason you would cause harm now. Probably the safest option for everyone.

Ride safe

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode keyhole the 20th.went into second ridge area to the south.dropped into a few bowls and found some ok snow.some climbs had decent snow being pocketed.most of the area was heavily windblown.wicked blue bird day though so cant beat that.
fingers crossed for another reload.didnt see any avy activity conditions were very good that way.

Top Bottom