Valemount-Blue River-McBride Accommodations with Pipeline Construction

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I had a good laugh last night… got a screenshot from FB!

Attachments

• A18794FD-EEC3-4E49-8D85-800551E68333.png
    A18794FD-EEC3-4E49-8D85-800551E68333.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 202

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount / Mcbride are fully booked for the long weekend. Can't get in anywhere as of last night.

linzoid

Reaction score
Best Western taking full advantage asking $188/night plus taxes for 1 person for next weekend - asked for the sledder discount and thats apparently it. Stayed there a few weeks ago and not overly impressed - food from the restaurant down the hall was gross. I know some guys that own that place - I wont say they are friends either- just businessmen like so many other covid pirates out there.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just canceled our booking at whisper creek cabins for March 10-17th, was the antler ridge cabin.

Gonna come out for the week of the 20-26 instead.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We cancelled a room with 3 beds at Sandman Blue River for Thursday night arrival, if anyone's in need.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to convince my family for years to build a main lodge, some cabins and a campsite for years. Seems like they dropped the ball. And my wife wont let me do anything on the property until its divided from my grandma to the various parties. Sled/quad right from your door with direct access to Westridge area.

you seriously might be onto the mecca of possibilities.....
With travel being rampant in the upcoming years, and more and more people come to this place, you might have a gamechanger destination....Seriously, offered snowmobile skii like the helicopter guys.....there are tonned of rich topurists that come to Canada.
Everytime I go heli skiing it's doctors or lawyers from overseas usually who are millionaires.
Heck, make it into a summer campground and or offroad park...

You could be the old guy living/working at a campground when we were children....
not a care in the world, no bills, and in paradise.
Goodluck with whatever you decide homeslice !

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you seriously might be onto the mecca of possibilities.....
With travel being rampant in the upcoming years, and more and more people come to this place, you might have a gamechanger destination....Seriously, offered snowmobile skii like the helicopter guys.....there are tonned of rich topurists that come to Canada.
Everytime I go heli skiing it's doctors or lawyers from overseas usually who are millionaires.
Heck, make it into a summer campground and or offroad park...

You could be the old guy living/working at a campground when we were children....
not a care in the world, no bills, and in paradise.
Goodluck with whatever you decide homeslice !

My mom and dad want to make a chunk of it into a campground. I'm not sure about my uncle. Hence the getting it divided, well that and my grandma wants to have it divided while she is still able mind.

But yes I think it would have potential. The whole lot is fully treed so could easily have a bunch of nice sites with privacy. Unlike 95% of the campgrounds out there. The plan would also include a main cabin with rooms, lounging and kitchen and then smaller cabins for families or bigger groups. All sorts of fresh water springs on the property and she already has water rights to one coming off the forestry road so water is no issue and could make a nice man made lake for summer fun. And with the property being right along the forestry road you can easily quad/sled right from your site. Lots of options that's for sure.

Be great thing to keep my parents busy for retirement. I'm not there yet but something that can be passed down.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mom and dad want to make a chunk of it into a campground. I'm not sure about my uncle. Hence the getting it divided, well that and my grandma wants to have it divided while she is still able mind.

But yes I think it would have potential. The whole lot is fully treed so could easily have a bunch of nice sites with privacy. Unlike 95% of the campgrounds out there. The plan would also include a main cabin with rooms, lounging and kitchen and then smaller cabins for families or bigger groups. All sorts of fresh water springs on the property and she already has water rights to one coming off the forestry road so water is no issue and could make a nice man made lake for summer fun. And with the property being right along the forestry road you can easily quad/sled right from your site. Lots of options that's for sure.

Be great thing to keep my parents busy for retirement. I'm not there yet but something that can be passed down.

godspeed, i cant even get TV hooked up there. LOL

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty close, looks like about 1.5km as the crow flies, 3km driving. Its just on the next road over from me.

looks like we quite frequently cut through that property on SXS to access mica mtn ETC. didn't realize it was private land. Dont think anyone does lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
pretty close, looks like about 1.5km as the crow flies, 3km driving. Its just on the next road over from me.
just so I know where possible future camping locations may be in the Valemount area!
one day I'll get out there again.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been eyein the lots closer to jackman flats on the west side of the road... Would love to drop a wellsite shack or two there for a few years and build something... Dreamin'

Top Bottom