Used sled prices

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your referring to me, not sensitive at all. My stuff when I’m ready to get rid of it, is forsale, not on sale, I could care less to be honest. Good to pay cash for things and have things paid for.
I have a G5, if people on here are thinking they will be 18g next year than they are either delusional, or I’m wrong and there will be 1 less sled available to the used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There will be G5 turbos for 18g next year. In Oct/Nov probably not but by Jan/Feb yes.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire sale guys are ones i like to buy off. Not the i know what i have guys lol
Bent boards, tweaked rails, straightened the tunnel (pretty much), replaced both bumpers (twice), bar warmers worked two years ago, track has most of the lugs, clutches cleaned at the factory before it went in the crate. Solid reliable unit you can trust in the backcountry. :drink4: But to each their own. There is so many variable conditions to used sleds that I have always found what one person loves another buyer just isn't interested in for one reason or another. I'm old so I have bought and sold ALOT of sleds in my time. From snowchecks to firesale units that I found JB weld inside the chaincase housing holding the driveshaft bearing in place. :noidea:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bent boards, tweaked rails, straightened the tunnel (pretty much), replaced both bumpers (twice), bar warmers worked two years ago, track has most of the lugs, clutches cleaned at the factory before it went in the crate. Solid reliable unit you can trust in the backcountry. :drink4: But to each their own. There is so many variable conditions to used sleds that I have always found what one person loves another buyer just isn't interested in for one reason or another. I'm old so I have bought and sold ALOT of sleds in my time. From snowchecks to firesale units that I found JB weld inside the chaincase housing holding the driveshaft bearing in place. :noidea:

Good thing this isnt my first rodeo lol

Im not scared to work on chit either, so warranty dont mean anything to me.
Doesnt even cover much from my experience

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be G5 turbos for 18g next year. In Oct/Nov probably not but by Jan/Feb yes.
I can see that. Some guys will have 4000 kms on a G5 by next Feb. By then the "ride it for two years and snowcheck a new one guys" will be looking to sell their 2023's as well.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That’s more of a reasonable statement with two full winters and no warranty left come November. Probably worn out driveshaft too, and chain and sprockets.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the after market warranty has gone way up in price$$ 1 yr-2200 2 yr-2600 3 yr-3000$ in 2021 I bought 3 yr for 1800$$

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And very expensive if it doesn't.....
Kinda like everyone driving around with full collision insurance on every vehicle they own. Very expensive if you don't ever use it. But just one accident without it on there and you will sure wish you had paid that extra cash on your policy instead of that 5 digit bill to get your truck repaired. For me it's just peace of mind. Some guys contract operate with old beater trucks because they don't want the payment, and just hope their truck holds together. I get a new one before my warranty runs out so I know what my monthly cost will be to run my truck with no surprises no matter what happens. Everyone's thinking is different on how they balance cost vs risk. You are only right until you are proven wrong and vice versa. Buy what you want to buy and be comfortable with your decision.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda like everyone driving around with full collision insurance on every vehicle they own. Very expensive if you don't ever use it. But just one accident without it on there and you will sure wish you had paid that extra cash on your policy instead of that 5 digit bill to get your truck repaired. For me it's just peace of mind. Some guys contract operate with old beater trucks because they don't want the payment, and just hope their truck holds together. I get a new one before my warranty runs out so I know what my monthly cost will be to run my truck with no surprises no matter what happens. Everyone's thinking is different on how they balance cost vs risk. You are only right until you are proven wrong and vice versa. Buy what you want to buy and be comfortable with your decision.
Agree, but insurance and warranty are completely different animals. Complete loss vs $8k worse case?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah crazy hey. I took a similar hit to that on a 2019 F150 I had a few years ago. Almost identical damage and they had to replace everything with new because the truck was still very new then (11,000 kms) It was over $11,000. I think the damn taillight was over $2000 by the time they got the radar programed and everything.

Ya body work is expensive. I deleted my.post cause it was getting off topic.

I won't make an insurance claim unless the truck get wrote off or something real bad.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With new sled prices so high, I may have to big bore my cat.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up this hog today 1997 skidoo touring e 380 great shape 1600 bucks had to sell the 23 expert before i lost to much on it in resale next year lol

C3DA6FB1-0B59-484B-95B0-745360DBA22B.jpeg

C2FC1450-D03D-4523-BE98-1A322F4BD1E3.jpeg

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up this hog today 1997 skidoo touring e 380 great shape 1600 bucks had to sell the 23 expert before i lost to much on it in resale next year lol

View attachment 265622

View attachment 265623

My first sled was the 1995 Touring LE. 2up seat, huge windshield and put so many miles on that thing learning to carve around fields and ride ditches. That thing never missed a beat!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled was the 1995 Touring LE. 2up seat, huge windshield and put so many miles on that thing learning to carve around fields and ride ditches. That thing never missed a beat!

We grew up on polaris indy lites i had never come across a touring e before but it looks like a awesome lottle sled great for the neice and nephew they are starting to outgrow the 120

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any one had much experience with a claim on these aftermarket extended warranty’s? With sleds getting so complicated I wonder if it will be like the plans for a lot of equipment, things like mechanical power train are covered but a lot of electronics aren’t and that’s what tends to fail Will components like the G5 screens actually be covered?

Top Bottom