Used sled prices

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people do not have a $20,000 budget for a used sled but I think the amount of people who would take $15,000 for a 2000km sled so they can buy a new one for $27000 is even a smaller crowd. There were wayyyy too many people snow checking sleds last year under the assumption that it would cost them $3000 difference because they knew a guy who knew a guy who sold his one year old sled in a day for more money than he paid or w/e. People will not be doing that next year.

I think your right, at least partly, there will be a lot of people unwilling to sell a sled for such a loss, so they'll keep and not snowcheck a new one.

This kinda happened in 2015-16 when the economy slowed down and dealers had a glut of inventory. What did OEMs do? Slashed prices, offered huge rebates, got rid of their inventory. All of which deflated the used market.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the market cooled, but it didn't "deflate" at least IMO. Used sleds were and are still selling high, and comparatively, new sleds were and are still selling high. A new sled will run you close to $27-$28K OTD easy. but only 2 years ago they were $23K. Raise the price and then offer a sale at the price it was before. No different than auto sales. The OEMs have figured out they make their money on financing and the more you finance, the more interest they make. Most of the high priced sleds are guys dreaming about dumping a 2-3 yr old sled for what they paid for it.

Pricing is only 1 component, magic mileage is another. 3000 kms typical break point - over that, there's a possible big bill for a rebuild so needs to be priced with that risk in mind.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listed my mint 18 175 with 2500 kms, fox shocks, estart, Travel cover and a few extras for $12k haven't had any interest. Not even a low ball offer.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This isn't yours is it? Kidding of course

14k for a stock 2017 g4. Insane
No LOL. Mine is a 19 with 2,000 kms less, in way better shape and with a lot of extras. If anyone were to buy that and not mine, I would be shocked.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No LOL. Mine is a 19 with 2,000 kms less, in way better shape and with a lot of extras. If anyone were to buy that and not mine, I would be shocked.
I can't believe someone is asking that for a 17. I sold the exact same sled for 6800 2.5 years ago! Tried my hardest for a long time and that's all I could get for it.

In hindsight......Definitely should have just kept it!

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe someone is asking that for a 17. I sold the exact same sled for 6800 2.5 years ago! Tried my hardest for a long time and that's all I could get for it.

In hindsight......Definitely should have just kept it!
yea the point is going to come with mine that i just keep it too.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 are hard to sell everyone knows that they were ch!t . Even with all the updates people don't want to touch them .

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listed my mint 18 175 with 2500 kms, fox shocks, estart, Travel cover and a few extras for $12k haven't had any interest. Not even a low ball offer.

Your way way high. nobody wants 175s anymore. I have two 17 174 axys top models and we can’t even get 8g each for them. Since I can’t sell it I’m making a chute climber outa it. In two years from now it’s going to be on a 116 race gas 18 pound boost diet. This season it will only be 10-12 pounds boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your right, at least partly, there will be a lot of people unwilling to sell a sled for such a loss, so they'll keep and not snowcheck a new one.

This kinda happened in 2015-16 when the economy slowed down and dealers had a glut of inventory. What did OEMs do? Slashed prices, offered huge rebates, got rid of their inventory. All of which deflated the used market.

Your way way high. nobody wants 175s anymore. I have two 17 174 axys top models and we can’t even get 8g each for them.

That's probably because they're Polaris timebomb s though 😁

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people do not have a $20,000 budget for a used sled but I think the amount of people who would take $15,000 for a 2000km sled so they can buy a new one for $27000 is even a smaller crowd. There were wayyyy too many people snow checking sleds last year under the assumption that it would cost them $3000 difference because they knew a guy who knew a guy who sold his one year old sled in a day for more money than he paid or w/e. People will not be doing that next year.
Be real interesting to see what happens next year.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the market cooled, but it didn't "deflate" at least IMO. Used sleds were and are still selling high, and comparatively, new sleds were and are still selling high. A new sled will run you close to $27-$28K OTD easy. but only 2 years ago they were $23K. Raise the price and then offer a sale at the price it was before. No different than auto sales. The OEMs have figured out they make their money on financing and the more you finance, the more interest they make. Most of the high priced sleds are guys dreaming about dumping a 2-3 yr old sled for what they paid for it.

Pricing is only 1 component, magic mileage is another. 3000 kms typical break point - over that, there's a possible big bill for a rebuild so needs to be priced with that risk in mind.
Ya… deflated might not be the word, but definitely more than cooled off…

Tons of ads posted on 2-4 yr old sleds, 2500km that state “new motor under warranty”…. So if a guy is looking at a sled with 1500km and no warranty… what is it actually worth…? These are mostly Doo’s & Poo’s… can you imagine trying to sell a high mileage late model Cat/Yammy…?

Most sleds are over priced for units that don’t seem to have much longevity….

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That’s cause it’s a 9000$ dollar sled. That sled brand new was only $16,000 5 years ago and with 3 years warranty and 2500kms less

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your asking 14k for a sled that’s 4 years old and 2400km. Great shape or not it’s lost more than 2000$ of value over the last 4 years, also with no warranty. There is no possible way you can actually think you rode it for free for the last 4 years…

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold the exact same sled last year. Absolutely mint. Tried as hard as I could and couldn't get any more than 9500. That was in a really hot market. I think 175s are a hard sell

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your asking 14k for a sled that’s 4 years old and 2400km. Great shape or not it’s lost more than 2000$ of value over the last 4 years, also with no warranty. There is no possible way you can actually think you rode it for free for the last 4 years…

Thanks for your input tips. Maybe I should have asked you the all knowing before i listed it. but it is still on warranty. and if I get 14 for it I will have lost 11-12 grand on it the last 4 years. and I did not get it for 16 grand stock for years ago either. Not only that market has changed. I also bought my 2021 denali for 86 grand. A year and a half later I had dealerships offering me 94 grand for it. Do you want to give me a hard time about potentially making 8 grand off a truck i put 45,000 K on too?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input tips. Maybe I should have asked you the all knowing before i listed it. but it is still on warranty. and if I get 14 for it I will have lost 11-12 grand on it the last 4 years. and I did not get it for 16 grand stock for years ago either.

It has warranty for another month… so I suppose your right about that You putting money into it on accessories and upgrades seldom equates to value back out perhaps minimal at best. There is a whole pile of people on these forums that can attest to that. A 2019 X wasn’t worth more than 16-17k ish. new If you paid more well there is not much I can say about that…

You don’t need my tips or input the lack of response and interest on your ad already told you everything I just said…

Good luck hope you get what you want out of it.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never even thot of the financing being the issue of crazy high prices but could play a factor if you owe more than the sleds worth…. cant be sold….

Top Bottom