Used sled prices

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some noticeable differences. Expert vs Non expert. Kms, and warrantee. If you paid and extra 2g for warrantee you will likely want to claw some back. Experts were and Xtra $750. Also, some people financed, and likely paid PDI, Freight, NPT (not paying attention tax) doc fees only apply when financing. So there is a likely a $2000 swing between what people actually paid for these things.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ thinking selling a used turbo would be worth it to have warranty as a benefit to listing, I was a buyer it would be anyway.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are planning to upgrade before factory warranty runs out, IMO it is crazy to be buying aftermarket warranty for an extra 2g. No way you get all of that back at resale and even if you do, you only break even.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of interest rates are people getting? If you finance a new g5 today what’s the interest rate? What is the best rate that exists on a secure LOC? I expect these rate increases to really hit the used market next year sleds trucks everything (if supply ever catches up) look out below. There’s a lot of people who have lived overextended with cheap interest rates for years a correction wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some noticeable differences. Expert vs Non expert. Kms, and warrantee. If you paid and extra 2g for warrantee you will likely want to claw some back. Experts were and Xtra $750. Also, some people financed, and likely paid PDI, Freight, NPT (not paying attention tax) doc fees only apply when financing. So there is a likely a $2000 swing between what people actually paid for these things.

My bill of sale was written up before my dealer had any clue how I was planning on paying for it. Not sure payment method had to do with final price when the dealer sold out in a week.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give you $7500 . Does it have a cover? and you'll have to deliver it for that price since I don't own a truck. I might be able to get my buddies van and meet you halfway, and that might be 3 weeks from now after you've called and texted me about 100 times, asking if I still want it and requesting the deposit. I won't reply to any of them though and I expect you to turn down all other offers in the meantime, take the ad down and tell them its sold, even though I never sent the deposit. Then I'll text you out of the blue and expect you to deliver it that day and include all the add-ons you specifically said weren't included.

Just after you've changed your plans, pissed everyone in your life off (don't schdule that date night with wife and instead tell her in about 3 weeks she's going to have to leave work early on the day of her big presentation and pick the kids up from school), got it all loaded up and strapped down and have just finished filling your truck up and are ready to hit the road, I'll text you and say that I've decided its too much and I might go a different route. I'll likely tell you that my "buddy" (aka. meth head) works with another buddy (aka. meth head) who is desperate and is selling his 2020.5 Pro Turbo Boost Expert Summit for like $8000 and its much cleaner than yours, when in reality its been ch!t bagged and coincidentally looks just like the one in the stolen sled ad you saw on FB a couple days ago. If you are willing to drop the price to $6000 then we can still do this deal.

You should walk away at this point because I'm likely going to be a total douchebag and jump up and down on your sled to "test the shocks" like an orangutang, just after I'm done climbing up and over the wheel well of your truck and putting a bunch of scratches in your paintjob while I'm slipping and dragging my boots across the rear quarter panel (even though you'll ask me to just step on the tailgate or use the ramp). I won't actually have the cash (yes you'll tell me to bring it because you suspected I'm a total fawkwad) and either my dad or brother will have to come with me to front the money or try and and get an e-transfer to work (which won't come through for like 2 hrs while we stand in the worst blizzard of your life in the Walmart parking lot making really awkward small talk), all the time knowing they'll never see a repayment from me because there's a really good chance I'll wipe the sled out within a month on my first trip to the mountains with it, while goon riding around the parking lot after too many early morning bong hits.

Is that low ball enough for you buddy?
Yeah but everyone describes their $hit as mint but happens to omit that track is torn, shocks are toast, rails bent, bottoms wore through on skis - but it's just like new ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a realistic price for a 21 sp 165? about 1500k on it and we don't want to sit on it. See a lot of sleds with asking prices close to what they must have paid new. Are they really selling for that?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mistake thought it was a turbo. Sold my 2021 Axys 850 this fall for $500 more than I paid for it last fall. It had 1200 miles on it super clean with 2 years warranty left for $14000 I thought I did ok.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it’s priced right it will sell fast if not the market gets plugged up with thousands of way over priced sleds

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm thinkin the NPT tax is higher than you think

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a realistic price for a 21 sp 165? about 1500k on it and we don't want to sit on it. See a lot of sleds with asking prices close to what they must have paid new. Are they really selling for that?

2023 Summit Sp brand new is 17-18k+tax&setup. I would think a sled with two seasons of riding and 2 years less warranty would be around that 15-16k dollar value in todays climate

powpounder

Reaction score
It seems that things have changed, I think my sled is a good deal and it is a great machine but no one wants a 175 anymore, I guess the trend has shifted, I won’t drop my price anymore as this is my trade value on my sled if the dealer will still take it on trade, or I just ride it and take the hit next year, with a little work this thing will be in g5 territory anyways. The reality for me is that these factory turbo sleds are awesome but they are the most depreciating as well and no one will want them off warranty unless they can steal it, for me I am really evaluating what to do for the future, its getting out of hand for my budget!
Still a market for the 175’s. my 2022 was on kijiji less than 72hrs. Paid out the door for it (expert with 3 year warranty) for 23300. Sold it for 21g with 741kms. Can’t complain to ride for a season and only loose $2300 in depreciation. Yes I know 740km isn’t a lot of kms but I have been fighting a back injury the last couple of years

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still a market for the 175’s. my 2022 was on kijiji less than 72hrs. Paid out the door for it (expert with 3 year warranty) for 23300. Sold it for 21g with 741kms. Can’t complain to ride for a season and only loose $2300 in depreciation. Yes I know 740km isn’t a lot of kms but I have been fighting a back injury the last couple of years

Due to inflation your dollar is worth 10% less a year later. You actually lost about $4,600 in real terms.

Top Bottom