Used Shells

Ohmz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've started to get into shooting and have been collecting my spent shotgun shells. Does anyone actually reload shot shells? They are challenger target loads, apparently they are good to reload, but for 80$ a case, i'm guessing not? I've got probably 3 cases worth of shells that i don't just want to toss, if anyone wants them I'd take a case of beer for them. I hate tossing things out that people can make good use of.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to reload when I shot a lot but wouldn't waste my time with shotgun shells. I reloaded for either accuracy or for cost. Cost wise I was saving 4-5 dollars a round for .338 Lapua. I haven't met anyone the reloads for shotgun. Another option to check out is gunnutz as there may be guys in there that could use them.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've started to get into shooting and have been collecting my spent shotgun shells. Does anyone actually reload shot shells? They are challenger target loads, apparently they are good to reload, but for 80$ a case, i'm guessing not? I've got probably 3 cases worth of shells that i don't just want to toss, if anyone wants them I'd take a case of beer for them. I hate tossing things out that people can make good use of.

No one will pay for spent 12ga Challenger hulls. A few people do reload but they don't really save any money with current component prices, and when they do reload they want premium hulls (like Winchester AA). 28ga and .410 are commonly reloaded as there is real money savings.

Ohmz

Reaction score
Thats kind of what i figured, into the trash they go.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make nice Christmas lights for the man cave. Pop the primer out and click in led light from home depot, it's like they were meant to fit together perfectly!

Top Bottom