Update us on your Mods

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
rknight111, summitric and I did a quick trip to Pigeon Lake last night (winterizing the cabin) and he was telling me that you did a bunch (read as gave up a few pay checks) upgrades to your sled...What did you do?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
2005 Summit X 151
Last year I took it to Absoloute Power, Jared changed the track to the track that the 06-07 summit x has, the 2.4 track, added the 9" wheels, left hand throddle

This year I took it to Specaility they, Changed pistons (stock) with new rings as mine were all flaked (compression low) Added RKT head, Boss seat, Holtz front suspention, Fox floats, Boondocker NOS kit :eek:
Hood vent kit, they did a great job cleaning up my tunnel,

Rather that spending money buying a new sled every second or third year I decideded to just spend the money you loose each year upgrading mine. That seems more logical.

Well I hope to have some fun with it this year... All thats left to do next year is the rear suspention and thats enough.
I hear skidoo may be coming out with a different platform soon, I don't understand why as they are great the way they are..

RON:D

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well it's that time again. I started working on the sled for the mountian season last night. I have to pull the skid. I burned through a brand new set of sliders and right into the metal on the last run of the year. We had good snow and I had the scratchers down. Somethings not right. Any Ideas welcomed??

Mods are sometimes not planned, see the attached photo's, on our last run I lost my Air Filter. The guys pulled out the lining in thier hoods to we could custom manufacture an air tunnel. The finishing touch was my toque on top to filter the snow. It's ugly, but it worked!

Attachments

• IMG_5054_1.jpg
    IMG_5054_1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 167
  • New Air Filter.jpg
    New Air Filter.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 158
  • UglyButtItWorks.jpg
    UglyButtItWorks.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 158
Top Bottom