Uniball help

Jobu

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some help from the wisdom of the group. Recently purchased a used 2015 RZR Highlifter, came with some nice upgrades. One of the upgrades on the machine is this Lonestar Racing suspension kit - https://lsracing.com/collections/po...3-5-mts-suspension-kit?variant=31623431520354

So here's my problem, I was checking out the ball joints for wear. Turns out the front A-Arms don't have standard ball joints, they take a uniball setup. This isn't something I'm familiar with at all. The lower a-arms uniballs have a lot of wear so no big deal, i figured I'd just pop them out and buy a new set. Well I broke one of them pressing them out so now I'm trying to find a replacement. Lonestar is telling me they don't have stock and I'm on day 3 of waiting to hear back from them on when they will, on top of that, these things are crazy expensive. To buy 5 of these 3/4" uniballs and have them shipped to Edmonton, after exchange and shipping, it's somewhere around $800 which just seems crazy for balljoints. Plus I'm kind of getting annoyed with Lonestar taking so long to reply to simple questions.

I've popped by a couple shops and no one seems to know much about these uniballs or if there's other options. At this point I figure I've got a few options -

-Buy new lower a-arms that take normal balljoints. I think this might cause come issues if I don't replace the uppers though. Pricing would be close to buying replacements from Lonestar though.
-Take the lower a-arms to a weld/machine shop and have the cups filled with weld and then machined out to accept the SuperATV uniballs - https://www.superatv.com/rzr-1000-boxed-bearing-and-stud-replacement I worry that the studs might not fit in the knuckles though.
-Find a local supplier of uniballs. Someone told me Motion Canada might have something like this. At least if it's close to the bigger side I can have them machined down. Anyone know anywhere else that might sell these?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm really stuck here.

Attachments

• 2022-09-09 07.43.14.jpg
    2022-09-09 07.43.14.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 2022-09-09 07.43.21.jpg
    2022-09-09 07.43.21.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 94

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check Amazon. I have uniball uppers on my truck.

To buy replacements from the company that builds the arms is stupid expensive.

They have cheap replacements on amazon. Could be Chinese junk, dont know havent tested them out yet.

Jobu

Reaction score
Check Amazon. I have uniball uppers on my truck.

To buy replacements from the company that builds the arms is stupid expensive.

They have cheap replacements on amazon. Could be Chinese junk, dont know havent tested them out yet.
They have the replacement studs but I need the ball and bushing.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have the replacement studs but I need the ball and bushing.

Chitty. Good luck, all the ones ive seen any where else are kinda expensive.

200$ a piece. The truck ones are a bit bigger though.

Jobu

Reaction score
Chitty. Good luck, all the ones ive seen any where else are kinda expensive.

200$ a piece. The truck ones are a bit bigger though.
Motion Canada came through! Wasn't cheap, $107 each for the bushing/ball plus $50 for shipping but they'll be here on Tuesday. Plus another $100 each for the studs from Kryptonite. Crazy that it's over $200 per joint for these things.

Top Bottom