undermount propane not filling completely

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2006 Triton trailer with 30lbs undermount propane tank. It was completely empty so I went to fill it this weekend. While fuelling, the fuel station's main tank, shut off (as it does when the tank is full) but there was nothing coming from the bleeder valve. The tank was only 3/4 full.
Any suggestions?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bleeder valve may be blocked. They are only supposed to be filled to 80% anyways, but I would verify the bleeder is working.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tank would show full last year. How do you unblock a bleeder valve?
Thanks for all your help.

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I'm looking at a trailer with an undermount propane tank, where can you get these filled? Most places around here have converted to the exchange program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I'm looking at a trailer with an undermount propane tank, where can you get these filled? Most places around here have converted to the exchange program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Auto propane. Cheaper than filling bottles too.

rondun1

Reaction score
If the tank lays on its side it has to lay the same way in order to fill. It may have an autostop system using a float. Check that out.......worth a try

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to work in the propane industry. The bottle has an automatic shut off inside the tank. Depending on how your trailer was park it may have shut off before anything comes out of the bleeder valve. I have also seen where the bleeder valve doesn't spit liquid propane before the shut off kicks out. Temperature plays a big role with propane so all tanks are only allowed to be filled to 80% to allow for expansion. My guess is that you do not have any problems.

Top Bottom