Underhood foam

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone doing with the foam and heat deflective crap around the muffler on there summits turbos? Opened uo tbe exhause side and basically all brp did was wedge foam in there with heat reflective tape one side, there no heat reflective tape on the panel itself and now thats its narrower and clsowe to the exhaust whats everyone plan on doing?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing unless there’s a problem.
Wow your a great help lol, have u seen the foam or you talking out your bum bum? Was a honest question as when i opened my side panel the foam basically fell out its not secured to anything just wedged in there

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy could band that foam loosely just so it doesn’t flop out on ya. It does seem weird. Also I laughed that you have to take the right intake screen off to access coolant bottle

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past that fiberboard/foam crap was just for noise reduction. Usually chucked it in the garbage, but on the 2023 the can is literally right on the panel. thinking a guy may want to keep that one there. Like until your buddy loses his, and you notice it doesn't melt anything. then chuck it out.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thinking about removing it on a Polaris as well. Was washing up the sleds the other day and the inside panel was dirty, so we washed it up. That foam is basically a big sponge. I bet that panel weighed 10 lbs more afterwards. Had to literally squeeze the water out of the foam and three days to dry afterwards. I believe Matt / Muskoka also showed this in one of his videos how much water they can hold and heavy they get.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thinking about removing it on a Polaris as well. Was washing up the sleds the other day and the inside panel was dirty, so we washed it up. That foam is basically a big sponge. I bet that panel weighed 10 lbs more afterwards. Had to literally squeeze the water out of the foam and three days to dry afterwards. I believe Matt / Muskoka also showed this in one of his videos how much water they can hold and heavy they get.

On the older sleds for sure. The 2023 is a little different. Like others said that exhaust cab is right on the panel could see some melting action happening with sled playing on its side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy could band that foam loosely just so it doesn’t flop out on ya. It does seem weird. Also I laughed that you have to take the right intake screen off to access coolant bottle

How often do you need to add coolant to your sleds that this is an issue?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aluminum tape for sealing ducting from the heating section at your local hardware store or killmat also makes a good heat shield.

Last edited:

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely not an issue, just laughed that these are Soo tight under the hood now. Definitely no room for the old goggle bag under there anymore

Yeah was disappointed to see the ol google bag won’t fit anymore.

stocksucks!!

Reaction score
I have put my old goggle bag on the exhaust side above the shot and chain case. mind you I don't put goggles in it but a few snacks or even some tools fits just fine.
I also zip tied and have done this on my last 4 shot start sleds my Leatherman to the shot start module located by the pull handle. panel fits and stuff is easy to get. i can maybe get some pics loaded up here to show everyone. I also put some tools in a pouch in the oil access door.the hang out tucked in there on top of the oil cap or close too.
i am like a squirrel i store $h!t everywhere on my sled.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m keeping it there for now, want to see what transpires before I make a decision to ditch the muffler insulation.

Annoying as hell. but also keeping mine until i see a few other guinea pigs go first. lol.

bentwrench

Reaction score
SLED MODS 1.png

Top Bottom