Unbelievable .....?

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you saying, "that when we don't need a 1 ton, we should have a 1/2 ton sitting waiting to be used or maybe even another smaller vehicle??
Like the posts above, I will decide what I drive and when I drive it.

Exactly just have a selection of vehicles to choose from depending on that days needs. Camping with the 5th wheel, 1 ton. Taking the kids to school, mini van. Night out with the ol' lady, sports car. Seems sensible for the average person.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric's will gain alot more traction with many of us once they abandon the save the planet mentality. The infrastructure & grid won't handle the push even if you could supply enough power. Site C is bad, pipe lines are bad, yet the demand is increasing for energy......so we are back to population control :)

More Vax please LOL!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric's will gain alot more traction with many of us once they abandon the save the planet mentality. The infrastructure & grid won't handle the push even if you could supply enough power. Site C is bad, pipe lines are bad, yet the demand is increasing for energy......so we are back to population control :)

More Vax please LOL!

The only way we can save the planet is by running 9.3s 1/4 miles @ 250kmh.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

More Vax please LOL!

They won't abandon that mentality because if they actually laid out all the facts virtually no one would buy an EV because it makes no sense. Not only it is not practical because the grids will never handle the load and infrastructure is not in place for the vast majority to have a decent way to charge even if the power was available, it is no better for the environment, and it costs more unless it is subsidized.

Won't see me in an EV for decades at least, 2035 will never happen unless most of the population starts walking.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5671.JPG

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

More Vax please LOL!
can we get rid of the SJW's and then problem will be gone?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing there's never been a fire in a gasoline or diesel powered vehicle....

Oh wait...

so what your saying is electric cars don't catch on fire, have accidents, or fun out of fuel?

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankfully fuel fires in vehicle collisions are rare, both ICE and EV’s….the difference is when they do happen, the EV’s are almost impossible to extinguish using conventional firefighting techniques….the batteries start to burn then the fire cascades from cell to cell, getting hotter and hotter…conventional water spray and dry chemicals won’t extinguish the fire. The batteries are typically deep in the chassis of the car where they can’t be easily accessed. The burning batteries eventually burn through the body of the car and the exploding cells toss burning molten metal everywhere, this metal also difficult to extinguish with anything but special dry chemical extinguishers. typically The car is left to burn itself to the point where the fire can be controlled. Some departments in Europe have big portable water tanks that the car is submerged in and left for 24 hours as the batteries can spontaneously reignite if not cooled completely. That process and equipment is soon coming here I’m sure as it’s the only way to contain the fire and it’s residue. We’ve all seen the YouTube videos where the small batteries in a cell phone or hoverboard fail and burn uncontrollably…..now imagine a battery that weighs half a ton doing that….

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my large lithium battery from china, but after these batteries brought down a 747 cargo plane i might not get it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankfully fuel fires in vehicle collisions are rare, both ICE and EV’s….the difference is when they do happen, the EV’s are almost impossible to extinguish using conventional firefighting techniques….the batteries start to burn then the fire cascades from cell to cell, getting hotter and hotter…conventional water spray and dry chemicals won’t extinguish the fire. The batteries are typically deep in the chassis of the car where they can’t be easily accessed. The burning batteries eventually burn through the body of the car and the exploding cells toss burning molten metal everywhere, this metal also difficult to extinguish with anything but special dry chemical extinguishers. typically The car is left to burn itself to the point where the fire can be controlled. Some departments in Europe have big portable water tanks that the car is submerged in and left for 24 hours as the batteries can spontaneously reignite if not cooled completely. That process and equipment is soon coming here I’m sure as it’s the only way to contain the fire and it’s residue. We’ve all seen the YouTube videos where the small batteries in a cell phone or hoverboard fail and burn uncontrollably…..now imagine a battery that weighs half a ton doing that….
that type of fire sounds particularly nasty, molten metal flying around will be real deadly. likely have to have some type of fire suppression system in vehicle?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, this looks particularly nasty, no way of escaping this bus fireball as a passenger! scares the crap outta me!

this took place in around 20 seconds or so! i have no idea if it's real or fake! looks somewhat set up, camera rolling before it goes up, buses parked next to each other, time could have been fast forwarded? interesting just the same!

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 2 straight hours the tesla parked in my driveway was making a loud fan type noise, i guess it was trying to cool the car down sitting in the sunshine. I am not to sure how much battery power that takes to do that. It loses a bunch of power in the winter as well just sitting there. So it is best to build a heated and air-condition shop to house these things.

Top Bottom