Turbos what does $6500 get you?

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to go ride with some Edm area turbo sleds to see how they compare to mine......Dec 5 Don't work for we....P.S Ive never seen a MM turbo sled Run...we where at Blue lake last yr and they(MM) spent all day fawking around at the cabin with a Turbo Cat....go figure

Going to Valemount dec 17-21, doing AST while there! See if we can get Big Daddy Flannel there also.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a boondocker pump gas turbo installed in my m8 last year by spesalty sleds ,my first trip to revy was a nightmare as i am not one of those guys thats good with mechanics.the install was all done corectly but the numbers in the box needed to be set up by some one who knows what they are doing. i left my sled with lance in revy he rode it for 2 weeks making the nessisary adjustments .when i went out for the first time it was like i was on a completly different sled i was blown away.the power and handling was amazing.this justs shows that if you have some one that can tune the turbos right they work

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to go ride with some Edm area turbo sleds to see how they compare to mine......Dec 5 Don't work for we....P.S Ive never seen a MM turbo sled Run...we where at Blue lake last yr and they(MM) spent all day fawking around at the cabin with a Turbo Cat....go figure

Last year I was in Valemount and I saw the exact same thing, although it was a twin piped turbo which I have never seen before.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear the other side of the story.

Must be too busy photographing their turbo kit.... No wait showin where some of their components came from might cause trouble. Maybe busy with special western programing on thier Attitude box....No wait that might cause problems. Maybe there is nothing more to say, except sorry you been screwed.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These companys (not just MM) should be giving a price that includes all parts and labour for the complete project that has been real world tested and tuned.Too many extra costs and wrecked weekends happen the way they ship out these $10G++ projects. I would(have) gone nuts if the extra cost were thrown in after a wrecked weekend. Most of us people in buss. are responsable to back up what we sell ,or don't sell it as a kit.Not just to bring people in the door install stuff and keep bleeding them.

rstjean

Reaction score
well i am going to blue river on december 3 weekend with my 2009 polaris dragon 800 with a custom turbo running on av gas and the builder is coming with me to show me how to tune it properly and everything. hopefully i am not sitting at the bottom of the hill the hole time tuning. lol

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11popcorn.gif ...............

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to Valemount Nov 27/09 with my Turbo Dragon and Il being riding all day long having fun....thats whats supose to happen add fuel/oil and ride.

RatedX

Reaction score
you said it, they isn't much profit at all in the turbo kits, the only way to make any money off them, is to get really good and fast at installing them. Twisted turbo's out of utah makes really great kits, the guy is a two stroke turbo genius. And he is very reasonably priced especially for the kit you get, he has put a lot of hours in doing the tuning and testing. Great kit!!!!

sir john

Reaction score
In hindsight I would have saved $$ by driving to utah and get the twisted turbo man to do the install. I have never heard anything bad about there product. Next sled will get one. :d

buckshot

Reaction score
I'm glad I read this thread as Ken almost had me convinced that he had a good kit...I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES. No MM for me

BEGA

Reaction score
Must be too busy photographing their turbo kit.... No wait showin where some of their components came from might cause trouble. Maybe busy with special western programing on thier Attitude box....No wait that might cause problems. Maybe there is nothing more to say, except sorry you been screwed.

I have to admit I was truly looking forward to reading this Thread as I thought it would have some actual VALUE........wow what a mistake!!!! The Thread should have read "I'm pissed at MM and I'm going to use some buddies to chime in and really get those guys back......NOT". Are you kidding me??? If you wanted to do some actual damage to MM reputation you went about it all wrong, should have just stopped in the beginning now you sound like a regular whinning little child that had their ice-cream cone fall on the floor and your daddy won't buy you another:rant: Funny thing is that you talk about other builders and how perfect they are but they still have someone that is upset with a job who gets on a forum and bashes........then everyone realizes that he is just full of hot air........oh hang on that's you in this thread??? I ride a MM turbo set up on an 07 M8, it had 800mi when they installed it and today it has 2200mi, in that time I had 2 problems. The first one I bumped a tree breaking the throttle leaver (my fault) the second I blew up my DD which was a common problem. Yes the fuel controller took a little getting used to but that is part of tuning, you just turned your Dodge Neon into a Viper!!! If what you are saying is true....well sorry about your luck but my experience with MM has been great, and they will continue building sleds for me. That's it that's all the last you will hear from me on this!!!:beer::beer::beer:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even a broken watch is right twice a day. Your 07 a single injector setup? Seems his wiring may power a pump gas setup below 9lbs of boost. Not a dual setup or one over 12lbs boost.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent seen any of the kits work lol. i ride every weekend and havent seen one 2stroke turbo do a pull or anything. theere usually sitting at the cabin or at the bottom of the bowl doing nothing all day. but the yamahas are always taking pulls. lol i duno..just sayin..maybe this year will be differant

3 of my friends ran m8 turbos last year. Not one of the hard to start of needed any tuning right from new. Boondocker pump gas comes ready to ride. A friend who is awesome with a boondocker box fine tuned them slightly but they really diddnt need it. i wasnt a believer in 2 strokes on boost and now im really impressed. M8 with 7 lbs boost rips and runs great. We ven went out this weekend in revi for 3 days on last years pistons

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much to say about MM to bad for the kits having trouble.I run a BD pump gas kit at 12 psi this year and it works great I think the bd fuel box is the best out there with the ADA set up it is so easy to adjust.The set up out of the box is perfect "little fat" but good,they spent the most money for r&d and the fuel box.I run a 800 dragon so you dont need much to go from 8psi to 12psi just turn the knob and run av gas. My friend has done some cats with BD kits and they run good with no problems Iv done 2 dragons and have a 2010 dragon still to do and a 2008 m8 after that.The BD kits Im getting are 4500us with elec boost controll and clutch kit. I think install will be around 700can.I road fri sat at allen creek and saw some S/M members and let one test ride my sled it ran sweet ran out of fuel 1 km from the truck at the end of the day.It sickens me to think this could happen after all the $$$ spent as I am in the auto service biz and look after my custmers 100% if there is a problem,no Im sure I havent got the hole story but also havent seen MM offer services to look after the problem.They have a guy in there shop right now with a lot of turbo exp he has built a lot of kits that work well.maybe now is the time, he may be able to shed some light.

Chris

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of my friends ran m8 turbos last year. Not one of the hard to start of needed any tuning right from new. Boondocker pump gas comes ready to ride. A friend who is awesome with a boondocker box fine tuned them slightly but they really diddnt need it. i wasnt a believer in 2 strokes on boost and now im really impressed. M8 with 7 lbs boost rips and runs great. We ven went out this weekend in revi for 3 days on last years pistons

yes i have ridden a couple 2stroke turbos. when they are setup correctly they are alot of fun. the kits are getting better and bettter. hope to see more this season working well.

Top Bottom