Turbo Summerization

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone do the following as part of their summerization? Odd that it's in the service manual but not in the owner's manual.

Attachments

• IMG-0031 (1).jpg
    IMG-0031 (1).jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 234

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, on another note does anyone know the button sequence on the Turbos for summer oiling?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another item mentioned in the service manual and not the owner's manual is to let the sled idle for 30 sec to cool before shutting the engine down.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another item mentioned in the service manual and not the owner's manual is to let the sled idle for 30 sec to cool before shutting the engine down.

I’ve always done this on anything turbo after hard riding. If I’m just putzing around I don’t but it allows coolant and oil to cool the turbo before shutdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Interesting, on another note does anyone know the button sequence on the Turbos for summer oiling?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Basically the same as the XM's. Make sure the screen is on the odometer and hold the button down while flicking the lights from high beam to low beam. Then when it comes across the screen push button once more and let it do its thing.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve always done this on anything turbo after hard riding. If I’m just putzing around I don’t but it allows coolant and oil to cool the turbo before shutdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
same here but brp must not think it's a big deal since the overwhelming majority of turbo owners will never see a service manual.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone do the following as part of their summerization? Odd that it's in the service manual but not in the owner's manual.

Add??? So the storage mode does not add more oil to the turbo?? Hard to do when it’s a secret.
You would think that info would be in the owner’s manual as well.
Turbos should always be cooled down when worked hard. Low load pulling into a parking lot cools a turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking the storage mode doesn't add more oil or else there'd be no directive to add directly to the turbo. that begs the question though of why is it not in the owner's manual? i don't get the logic of that but it's prolly not a big deal either way.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you tried it yet? Id be shocked if the turbo took any oil in that nipple after summer storage mode is complete.

I actually thought that was a air bleed point on that banjo fitting.
Maybe worth looking into tho, I thought the summarization mode took care of the extra oiling. Maybe not the turbo oil pump.

Oops, I guess BRP is calling it a bleed in that pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven’t summerized yet but prolly will this week. elsewhere in the service manual it says to add roughly 10mL of oil to that fitting when putting in a new turbo, disassembly/assembly, etc.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just read the turbo section of the service manual again and 10mL of injection oil must be added to the fitting when removing/installing the oil pressure and/or oil return hose and installing a turbocharger before the engine is started. adding it for summerization seems optional.

Top Bottom