tss instaboost

xmrider

Reaction score
Hey I just ordered this kit from tss I was just wondering how many people are running these kits and what are your setups. Boost, fuel, clutching, intercooled or not ect... I have read a lot of good things about it so far. Would just like some more insight from fellow rider's.
Thanks!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what did this years kit run you? Thanks.

I believe they are going to be $9k installed. I rode their prototype 2 years ago and one with a Garrett at the beginning of last season. Both were very smooth in the transition to boost. I currently have a 2013 XM with two years on a conventional TSS kit. It rips but I'm going to sell it in the fall and do an instaboost on a 174 T3. They have made quite a few refinements for this going to a self lubricating turbo with an external wastegate. The self lubricating turbo looses close to 10lbs over conventional as you don't need oil tanks or lines or an oil pump. The external wastegate improves the response when on and off the throttle.

xmrider

Reaction score
When I ordered my kit it was 7k for non intercooled 8k for intercooled and the 1k to install. Thanks for the info maierch! I am very exited to see how it performs with all the changes they have made. The kit also looks a lot cleaner since they first came out. Any other feed back from other riders out there would be greatly appreciated!

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on guys who ever said this sport is cheep!!!! wanna play gotta pay.
HP cost money and keeps costing money the more you ride.
The sooner you except that the better off you will be.
Oh and boost is AWESOME!!!!!!!!I will never go back!!!!

xmrider

Reaction score
Yes is definitely not cheap. I am doing the install my self and would like to know the ins and outs of the system. I have been debating for over a year now and finally pulled the trigger! Can't wait for the white stuff!!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all tss kits were installed and dialed in by tss themselves.. Didn't think they would sell over the counter to do it yourselfers. If so then more options for mechanically inclined guys..

xmrider

Reaction score
I spoke with tss on the phone and they will ship the kit right to you. I am very mechanically inclined, so it will be nice to learn the system as I install. They will also help you out over the phone with any issues. They said the instaboost kits will be ready early September!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats pretty good, no more driving twelve hours to get anything fixed.. Not that it wouldnt be cool to go for a rip with the tss boys.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my side mount tss turbo with intercooler, wish I could get some seat time on an instaboost!

xmrider

Reaction score
So with all you guys that are running the intercooler, how many lbs of boost are you guys running. I was going to just run 6-7lbs of boost for the first year then upgrade to the intercooler when I want to run more boost. So the question I have is will I have charge temp issues running 6-7lbs of boost? Thanks!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 9 lbs w/100LL snow to air intercooler.. I ran 6lbs non intercooled for a season, good in the trees but was crap on long pulls, maybe highmark a stocker by 20ft, not worth the hassle imo. With intercooled 9lbs night and day difference. And snow to air isn't even the best setup.. Good enough till i want 12lbs lol

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to spend that much money on a turbo kit why not spend another 1000 and have a excellent running kit that runs flawless from 5-10 pounds. 6-7 pounds may run fine in the trees but you may have charge temp issues on long pulls, there is something about sending super heated air to a motor that kinda makes me cringe

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

Last edited:

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rule of thumb. The more you cheap out on turbo's the more you'll pay in the end

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with carbon on the last post.. If you do choose to go with the entry level kit Never cheap out on fuel if you will be sorry!

Last edited:

xmrider

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back on the intercooler! I do not want to cheap out on this purchase. Has anyone tried the snow/air on the tss kits? or is the water/air the better way to go? This is my first turbo purchase so thanks for answering all my questions!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think tss offers a snow to air i run a aerocharger and thats their intercooler option. water to air is more efficient for sure..

Top Bottom