Truck Tires

GRD

Reaction score
I know this subject has come up a few times, but thought I would mention the new rubber I purchased.

I put on some Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's (LT275/70R18). Originally I wanted to go with BFG AT's, but after reading a number of articles and reviews decided these were better suited for what I wanted. Just got them today, will post a follow up after the snow falls!

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Tire to buy. I have sold thousands and people come back for their second batch. Only LT that give 80,000 km treadlife warranty (unless commercial use) and rated as a winter tire also (mountain snowflake on the side)

Good Luck on your purchase I think you will enjoy them (the price is right right now also)

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Tire to buy. I have sold thousands and people come back for their second batch. Only LT that give 80,000 km treadlife warranty (unless commercial use) and rated as a winter tire also (mountain snowflake on the side)

Good Luck on your purchase I think you will enjoy them (the price is right right now also)

Whats the price for 4 of them. I need new ones on my dually. 235/80/17

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Guess'n your not getting the "mod" discount either!!! Don't look at me in the future! You uncles will get the "cost" but guessn' you won't........................ Too bad!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always found Goodyear to over price their tires. Never been ahppy with the performance either.

Have run a couple sets of BFG All Terrain T/A's with no problems whatsoever. They have the winter rating as well and do perform awesome in snow. Still the number one selling truck tire!

Ran a set of Duellers one year. Not too bad either.

Last season I put on a set of Nokian Vativa on the recommendation of a friend. Seems like a great tire. Maybe not as "fun" as the T/A's, but a good tire and I got them at an amazing price.

I hear lots of guys being happy with the Michellin LTX M&S tires.

My 2 cents.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a coupl pics of the pro meter tires.

Thats right i am a baller Lincoln rims on a f150 lol.

Attachments

• 100_0038.jpg
    100_0038.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_0039.jpg
    100_0039.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 56

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have seen alot of tires. I just took the goodyears off of my truck, they were junk. not happy at all. just put on a set of toyo a/t's, 275/60/20's. look awesome. handles and rides the same. i thought they might make a little noise, but they are quiet. and good tread pattern. i hate goodyears, at 40,000 kms they look like junk. in my life i have replaced a few set of good years. first time rollin on toyo's, but everything i read and heard was good!!!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i worked at kal-tire, our motto was "we sell good tires, not goodyear tires." lol

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have seen alot of tires. I just took the goodyears off of my truck, they were junk. not happy at all. just put on a set of toyo a/t's, 275/60/20's. look awesome. handles and rides the same. i thought they might make a little noise, but they are quiet. and good tread pattern. i hate goodyears, at 40,000 kms they look like junk. in my life i have replaced a few set of good years. first time rollin on toyo's, but everything i read and heard was good!!!

If the tires only went 40,000km did you take them back and ask for any warranty consideration? They have an 80, 000 km treadlife guartantee. Each tire manufacter make good tires so I am not trying to bash but if you you did not get the milage from a tire I really believe there may be an underlying reason or there should be some warranty to apply to the condition. Not trying to cop out just saying if the tire did not do the job, the dealer should be able to find the root of the problem. I have the goodyear's on my dually and because I am lazy have not rotated them, they are starting to cup after 65,000 km but should get the 80,000 even without taking proper care of them.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing with a tire shop that deals with every type and size of tire imaginable for a number of years now. They install thousands each year of many brands. (private, commercial and industrial). I have a 2000 Yukon that has Michelin LTX's on it and even though they are 85% worn out I am amazed at how good they handle the winter driving conditions. An excelent tire considering the state of wear. The owner has recommended the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred for my SUV. Goodyear's ratings on these tires is excelent. The tire shop tells me guys that install Fortera's on fleet trucks return and want the same tires again. He tells me they are a better tire than the LTX's and he sells both brands. Since I have been dealing with this guy (Owner) for many years and the tires are on sale right now so are the same price as the LTX's, I will install a set. See Good years internet site for more info if interested. These are not rated as a good off road tire, but excell at everything else.

One must remember that a tire's traction on any non dry asfault surface becomes less and less as they wear down. I do not believe in running tires to the indicators as the traction benefits in icy winter conditions or traversing deep snow is very poor. Traction is my priority in all conditions, not long life. Would be great to have both.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the goodyear wrangler silent force look like absolute crap after 40000km and the warranty is only pro-rated. My brother in law had to pay close to $800 just to replace them when they were still on warranty. I would much rather pay $1000 for a set of tires and have them last 60000. I had very good luck with my Nokian Vativa's on my previous truck, and am still on the fence whether to put them on again or go with the BFG AT/TA KO....

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some new tires in the next few weeks, i think that i might go with toyo open country a/t's, or goodyear SA what would you guys suggest???

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some new tires in the next few weeks, i think that i might go with toyo open country a/t's, or goodyear SA what would you guys suggest???

i just got the toyo at's, thought about the mts, but not fond about taking my brand new truck off road!!

as far as the goodyears, don't even want the warranty that as above said, is pro rated. i took good care of them, only one smokeshow in a year, that is really good of me. and they all look like crap!!!

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`ve used BFG A/T KO`s on my last couple of dully`s. Although they wear faster than most tires, you just can`t beat the traction you get in snow or on ice. Real world mileage I get 60,000/km. before I replace them. Never had a blowout or a tire come apart. Can`t say that about the stock LTX`s that came with my old Dodge......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had real good luck with toyo m55, great gravel tire mileage is excellent, if you rotate tires. dealer claims the toyo m/t use the same tire compound, have not tried yet. Toyo a/t not worth the money, no mileage and not good on gravel.
For my money BFG a/t, BFG MT ARE CRAP.
they are a hollywood tire not made for gravel, mud yes mud, they only work or get traction when new. after 20,000 they are worn out at $300 + each they are junk. They sure look good on the high priced pavement pounders but put a little mud, gravel, or heaven forbid water, have JOHNIE'S TOWING ON SPEED DIA, AS HE WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND.
BFG STANDS FOR BIG FRIGGIN GYP.

Top Bottom