Truck Parking - Downtown Calgary

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finding it to be a PITA trying to get a monthly parking spot for over-height vehicles in the core downtown Calgary.

• I need to drive downtown due to my job requirements
  • Only have the truck (Leveling Kit with 305/55/20s)

Anyone on here, working downtown, that knows, or parks in, a parkade that has ceilings higher than 6'6"??

• Prefer to have covered, not heated, as a minimum
  • Plug-in optional

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, best thing to do is park at the zoo, c-train it to down town. not too many oversized, and they are almost always full (like 1% chance of finding a spot)

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, best thing to do is park at the zoo, c-train it to down town. not too many oversized, and they are almost always full (like 1% chance of finding a spot)

I was hoping this wasn't the case, but seeing that none of the parking companies will even answer my questions they must be tired of turning down the trucks

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back in the 80's I had the same problem living in Calgary and also parked at the C-train. Worked ok until some jerk-off decided to steal both drive shafts right there in the parking lot. Kind of funny looking back, I got in the truck and started it - put it in gear and no go. Thought transmission was hooped.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's parking 10th Ave and 1st Street. Open air, they do monthly parking, can't remember if they have plug in's but it's pretty close to downtown. Ignore the A pin...just a business I googled in order to get the parking lot.

parking.jpg

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's parking 10th Ave and 1st Street. Open air, they do monthly parking, can't remember if they have plug in's but it's pretty close to downtown. Ignore the A pin...just a business I googled in order to get the parking lot.

This is where I park when I drive down town. I work on the north side of down town but it's faster to just walk through down town. Don't recall if it has plugins.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3500 one ton with headache rack...when l as doing work in Calgary would absolutely refuse any jobs in the core...personally don't shop or have anything to do with downtown...lots of other places to go

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately some of us have jobs that require the pleasure of parking our pickups downtown. Must be nice to be able to tell clients to shove it, I'm not coming into downtown. I would prefer to stay employed that take that approach though

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah the pleasures of workin downtown...you ALWAYS have a choice....in the 20 + years lve been here have seen the city do nothing but eliminate downtown parking..gl

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. I will fire all my guys and fold the business tomorrow. No more parking issues for me!

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Ctown Parking!!! I'm there 3-4 days/week. Yes if you have a lifted vehicle good luck. I park at 9ave SW & 4th street.. This is far the best rate for weekly/monthly and early birds! I have a 15 day Park Pass and winter season they always raise the rates cuz the patch gets busier! Anyways this may be out of your way to where you work but for price it's good. If ya get there early you can get a corner stall "No Door Ding Zone".

Good Luck

Finding it to be a PITA trying to get a monthly parking spot for over-height vehicles in the core downtown Calgary.

• I need to drive downtown due to my job requirements
  • Only have the truck (Leveling Kit with 305/55/20s)

Anyone on here, working downtown, that knows, or parks in, a parkade that has ceilings higher than 6'6"??

• Prefer to have covered, not heated, as a minimum
  • Plug-in optional

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have built a couple(15) buildings downtown. I am pretty confident you won't find covered parking for an oversized truck in a parkade. Maybe check a few of the newer buildings. The Bow, Livingston, 8th Ave Place, Centennial Place, Jamison are a few of larger office buildings built in the last 6-7 years, might get lucky. Lotsa open air lots downtown though.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have built a couple(15) buildings downtown. I am pretty confident you won't find covered parking for an oversized truck in a parkade. Maybe check a few of the newer buildings. The Bow, Livingston, 8th Ave Place, Centennial Place, Jamison are a few of larger office buildings built in the last 6-7 years, might get lucky. Lotsa open air lots downtown though.

Good point to look into the new ones. Trouble is they are in the "best" locations of downtown and price is just crazy for these spots.

May be sticking with an open air parkade

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for any of you having this issue..

I finally got a hold of a lady at Impark, there truly isn't much out there for over-height covered, but she was able to find me one with 7'3" clearance (Lot 282 - 906 8th ave) with them. Not the best location, beside CRACK MAC's, but security patrolled and I never leave my vehicle over night anyway.

Price wise - $325 monthly so not to crazy

This was the website I used to finally talk to a real agent at IMPARK
http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/

GRD

Reaction score
I had the same problem, for the od time I do take my truck. We now park on an open lot with plug-ins LOT 58 935 4TH Ave (access from 5th AVE).

Top Bottom