Trout lake bc information

taxi guy

Reaction score
Looking for information on camping and quadding at trout lake. Planning to head down next week for 14 days. Can one camp and quad from the beach ?? Is there dry camp grounds ?? Looking to camp at lake and do lots of quadding ?? Is there rv
dump site close ??

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for information on camping and quadding at trout lake. Planning to head down next week for 14 days. Can one camp and quad from the beach ?? Is there dry camp grounds ?? Looking to camp at lake and do lots of quadding ?? Is there rv
dump site close ??
Great choice yes u can camp at the beach by donation and there is a rv dump there.camping at the other end of trout is more remote but closer to better riding.yes you can ride from both camps.your a little early as there will be snow blocking the higher elevations. Foggy day mine, american crk. Rainy all good rides.Healy crk about 5km on left south of Gerrard is my favorite,hopefully the bottom is not washed out a width is an issue

Last edited:

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trout is great, was just there, last week, still quite a bit of snow up top, but should be mostly gone next week,
There's also the lookout over Kaslo which is great further down 31a
There are the old mines near Beaton, Five Mile, Incompalix on west end of Trout.
Despite signs on Highway Windsor Hotel has been closed for a couple years and is poor condition, the general store is open and does have gasoline, not sure on diesel
Can also go across Shelter ferry and go down west side of Upper Arrow Lake to Eagle Bay camp ground, 10-12km south, which is great for quad camping, 2-3 km past Pingston Hydroelectric, tons of riding there too, can go to Paint Lake, Hall, tons of quading along Pingston Valley side right down to ferry at Aroow Lake Narrows.
Check with kootenaycat and mongol on here too, they are great source of info too...
PM me if wanted,

Will post pictures tomorrow

Last edited:
Top Bottom