Triton 2 place plywood replacement

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking to replace the plywood on my 2010 Triton 2 place open trailer. Thinking about using pressure treated plywood but wanted to see what everyone was replacing theirs with? Is Marine grade worth the extra cost? I am happy with longevity of the original plywood 1/2” or 5/8” but it is getting soft in places. I am looking to increasing the thickness to 3/4”.

Thanks in advance

johnny cash

Reaction score
I recently did a small utility trailer with 3/4 pressure treated, how much price difference is to marine, also brother did his 2 place last year with 3/4 pressure treated. I think it’s good enough for me.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO avoid pressure treated for a trailer deck. The chemicals in modern pressure treated wood promote corrosion in both steel and aluminum if exposed to the metal surface.

Regular plywood or marine plywood are the only two options a person should look at.

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO avoid pressure treated for a trailer deck. The chemicals in modern pressure treated wood promote corrosion in both steel and aluminum if exposed to the metal surface.

Regular plywood or marine plywood are the only two options a person should look at.
Thanks, I had read that somewhere but thought it was the older green pressure treated.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had read that somewhere but thought it was the older green pressure treated.

The old green CCA treated wood was bad, the new ACQ treated wood is even worse and has higher corrosion rates.

Anyone working on a deck that gets inspected better make sure their screws/fasteners are ACQ rated, otherwise you might be pulling it apart and starting over because the inspector likely won't pass the inspection. Had this come up a few years ago when I built the deck on our house, the inspector asked for the box my screws came in (which had to be structural screws, not deck screws) to check for compatibility with ACQ treated wood, by fluke I had bought the right ones.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replaced a trailer deck using concrete form plywood. 3/4” fir. Tough as hell.

Top Bottom