trip costs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother and I go together it is a 50/50 on overall cost of rooms and gas, maybe a bit more by brother.

If we take some one along no fuel cost for the driver, it's 50/50 by the other two or other 3 if we fill truck.

If truck and trailer belong to the driver and 2 or more passengers there is no truck fuel or room costs to the driver.
He has to wash truck, trailer as service his full rig on his own later.
Truck leaves home full and goes home full from last gas station.
Terms explained up front.

This summer tires for my trailer were $1200.
Stabilizer hitch was $750
No friends in sight.
You ride with us that's how it is.

Full rigs are $$$$$, owners get the break.
I treat others the same when I'm not the driver.
Been riding 21 years in the hills, no rule changes needed yet.
It's definitely not a cheap game to play.
We lost a wheel bearing 3 yrs ago 5 miles from home. Buddy changed all bearings while at it. I paid half even though its not my trailer but felt it was fair considering we ride together exclusively and its his rig.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm different than most. Most of my buddies wouldn't have a sledding life if it wasn't for me, I was fortunate enough to get into it when it was still cheap...ish, so I'm set up pretty good now. We split fuel for the most part, but that's about it. I drive 95% of the time, load everyone's ch!t up (I live out of town so it's just easier if I do it for the 10 min it takes) Wash everything when we get home, (I've got a place I can do it for free) unload, and store most of the sleds at my place, plus I do all the maintenance/repairs on everyone's sled (for beer of course).

I LOVE sledding so the way I see it, I'd be putting the wear on my truck anyways no matter who's with me, so If a couple guys wanna tag along, it makes my fuel bill that much cheaper, so the wear and tear doesn't bother me too much. I'm also mechanic so I love wrenching on stuff while hangin' out drinkin beers and I gladly do it for my crew. And more than anything I love my friends (most of which I've known since school) so time, and so be it, money, invested are both well spent in my mind.

I guess it more depends on how you feel about your friends
How many more friends can you take in your truck? Sounds like a good deal. LOL

Top Bottom