Trigger Pull for a 7 MM Rem Mag

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Savage 110 7MM Rem Mag that does not have an AccuTrigger. When My friends and I were doing some shooting - They mentioned that the trigger is a bit tough ( lots of pull weight ) and I agree. It feels like squeezing a hand operated construction stapler ( maybe I m getting weak) . I am guessing 7 to 8 lbs of pull. What do you guy recommend ? ( 4 lbs maybe is right ? ). Has anyone bought after market trigger assemblies that are adjustable for trigger travel , trigger pull and trigger over pull ? I don't want to make my gun unsafe by filing and adjusting a lot geometry.

Cheer

Zar

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4-5 pounds is about standard for a hunting rifle some guys go down to 3. Bench guns and accuracy shooters will bring it down to 1.5-2lbs A gunsmith is where the magic happens (or a good kit) a nice clean smooth break can make a tremendous improvement in accuracy. Check out canadiangunnutz.com there is lots of knowledge on there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zar

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you can get a Geissele or Timney trigger for your action.

• Thanks

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Timney in my 300 ultra mag set at 2.5#, great clean breaking trigger.
270 Weatherby and Mossberg 223 also set at 2.5#, some say a bit light for hunting rifles but I like 2.5#.

Trigger release for my bow..........3/4#

• Thanks

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I followed the advice on this site to go to CanadianGunNutz site for some help (thanks sirkdev). It was great info on my issue and it gave me an article on how to adjust my factory trigger pull and over-travel. I have he trigger set at about 4.5 lbs. I like the idea that trigger pull should be near half the entire weight of the gun and optics. Factory trigger should be not less than 3 lbs. I haven't tried it out yet but with an allan key and a small screw driver - I can adjust it at the range if I had to.

Top Bottom