Track speed T3

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
163" T3. Lookin to find out what is expected for track speed on a typical stock set up pulling a hill in good powder?

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many views and nobody can tell me what track speed they are pulling on their sled. Interesting!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 174 does 60km in a chew but fluctuates between 55-70 depending on what I'm doing. Friends 163 was about 4km faster in a chew. What I can tell you Is although those numbers are not impressive it holds a much higher ground speed and makes it much faster than any other machine I've had with higher track speed

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 174 does 60km in a chew but fluctuates between 55-70 depending on what I'm doing. Friends 163 was about 4km faster in a chew. What I can tell you Is although those numbers are not impressive it holds a much higher ground speed and makes it much faster than any other machine I've had with higher track speed

That is right where my sled is at. Thanks!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too many factors rider, weight of rider, type of snow, the hills themselves. You could get a million different answers.

It's not rocket science just trying to find a general comparison and if guys don't know then they should keep their thoughts to themselves! But thanks for your valuable input.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the same t3 speed question up on a few sites.. It seams the 40 mph seams to be a frequent number for the 174 stocker..

in the past were seeing low 50s mph in a well setup bb and 60s mph in a turbo..

I seen driving a t3 a few weeks back it felt like tq was low, even to the point of hearing and feeling track speeds reducing as traction got better...

Track speeds are a great indication of machine performance, rider weight, snow conditions don't relly apply if the motor has enought tq to handle load

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the same t3 speed question up on a few sites.. It seams the 40 mph seams to be a frequent number for the 174 stocker..

in the past were seeing low 50s mph in a well setup bb and 60s mph in a turbo..

I seen driving a t3 a few weeks back it felt like tq was low, even to the point of hearing and feeling track speeds reducing as traction got better...

Track speeds are a great indication of machine performance, rider weight, snow conditions don't relly apply if the motor has enought tq to handle load

You never tried climbing the same hill with different snow? Light fluffy snow and heavy wet snow is going to make a huge difference to track speed. 1ft of fresh snow and 4ft of fresh snow is going to make a difference of track speed.

A guy that is 150lbs goes up a hill sees 45mph track speed and comes down and a guy who weighs 260 jumps on the same sled same day and you won't see a difference I don't see how you couldn't. That sled has to move 110lbs more. Something has to suffer and wouldn't it be track speed?

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree on turnout track speeds only, If you look at track speed at any other point its completely irrelevant. Turnout track speeds have been comparable on every sled I've been on. The variable is the track size needs to be considered. I have experience with a stock apex with a 16x174x2.5 track that had a turnout track speed of 35MPH at boulder mtn revelstoke elevations, although this doesn't mean it would out climb a T3 by any means, do to the weight of the sleds and or riders.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a T3 174 what is a "turnout". :D

It's what guys do when they attempt to climb a hill that they haven't climbed 732777226 times ,safe of course, and is actually steep enough that a forest can't flourish on it, and they can't the top. :).
If its never happened yet, those aren't hills, they're inclines. Lol.

Last edited:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last ride out, I was seeing 45-48mph pulling around 7500 rpm.... still in break in but only about 15% left so guessing it's not making a huge difference any more. Should've turned in the shockwave a turn or two to increase the revs but it was the last cpl pulls of the day :)
This is on my 174 with TSS pipe kit... so will start doing a little more tuning and tweaking next time out, bring revs up and really see what the Big Banana will doo :)

Cheers
RN

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last ride out, I was seeing 45-48mph pulling around 7500 rpm.... still in break in but only about 15% left so guessing it's not making a huge difference any more. Should've turned in the shockwave a turn or two to increase the revs but it was the last cpl pulls of the day :)
This is on my 174 with TSS pipe kit... so will start doing a little more tuning and tweaking next time out, bring revs up and really see what the Big Banana will doo :)

Cheers
RN

You're utilizing the shockwave and clickers ? What do you see as the advantages to that ?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're utilizing the shockwave and clickers ? What do you see as the advantages to that ?

You can fine tune your RPM for the snow you are in with infinite adjust ability not just 200rpm increments.

I can use clickers, my shockwave or boost to tune for peak RPM. To tell you the truth I never touch my clickers.

Top Bottom