Track replacement

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I need a new track - 2 actually ...one track let go yesterday and didn't think the other would last the morning.
Opinions / suggestions on best replacement for coastal snow - occasionally deep powder but often on the heavier / wetter side. Tree riding / drainages so need something agressive and durable 155" pro so 2.6" lug or similar + 2.86" pitch but may consider changing drivers or adding extroverts. Prefer durability over weight ....

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Composit tracks? Might be supporting the war against Ukraine though, as I heard they are a Russian company. I hope I am wrong.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Composit tracks? Might be supporting the war against Ukraine though, as I heard they are a Russian company. I hope I am wrong.
Just starting to search .... availability will likely be an issue .... will probably pull the 2.5" tracks off our 13 pros to run on the 16s for the next month so I won't be stuck for now.
Also have a couple of 18 163's that I want to shorten for next season - just find they push too much ...will like go 146/155 on those as I already have the tunnels cut 11" and xtra coolers added.

The composit m67-3r looks like it might be decent.

Camso peak 2.5 looks HD but would have to change stock drivers.
Same for challenger X3 but would have to trim it and it's pricier. Challenger extreme looks closer to stock track ....
Conquer 280 would require driver swap too

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just starting to search .... availability will likely be an issue .... will probably pull the 2.5" tracks off our 13 pros to run on the 16s for the next month so I won't be stuck for now.
Also have a couple of 18 163's that I want to shorten for next season - just find they push too much ...will like go 146/155 on those as I already have the tunnels cut 11" and xtra coolers added.

The composit m67-3r looks like it might be decent.

Camso peak 2.5 looks HD but would have to change stock drivers.
Same for challenger X3 but would have to trim it and it's pricier. Challenger extreme looks closer to stock track ....
Conquer 280 would require driver swap too

Are you selling a 163 track for a 2018? I know a guy recently in the market for 3" 163 for a Polaris.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you selling a 163 track for a 2018? I know a guy recently in the market for 3" 163 for a Polaris.
One is the series 6 2.6 (same dsn as used on the 16s) with ice age rails - the other one is newer series used on the sno ck with OEM rails.
Either selling sleds or shortening them ...might do khaos conversion ...not sure yet but the 163 tracks are going

line8

Reaction score
Put on a Cat powerclaw 3” and then report back with everything.
Not the alpha 3”.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put on a Cat powerclaw 3” and then report back with everything.
Not the alpha 3”.
3" is too much for our local snow conditions ....need something that works in powder but tough enough for heavy wet snow

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As ABMax mentioned, there is likely several 155 Assault tracks around, I have one that I ran one year only, they will take a beating. I believe they were a 2.86 pitch as well.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you care how heavy the track is? There are some good heavy tracks you can go with but if you want them light, the list is much shorter.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tks - would accept a small weight penalty for added durability

Top Bottom