Torpy area

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wondering if any local Mcbride rider have ever gone to the Torpy area. Prince George Club rides this area and there is a cabin there or not. Just another area to ride but I know that some areas are for locals only. Any help with info would be great.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Yes there is a cabin @ 13km on the upper torpy road, it is right below the burn were you go up to access the first of the three torpy riding area's.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to give directions to the torpy area. This is the first I've heard of it.
Thanks

mountainmonster

Reaction score
From mcbride heading to pg you turn right onto bowron forest road just before purden ski hill, 30 km to upper fraser road, turn right and cross new bridge, from pg you head towards mcbride,turn right onto upper fraser road just before tabor ski hill,follow this road for about 70km until you get to the new bridge. Stay right at first y after bridge, drive up or park at the first road on your left(pass lake rd, not plowed in the winter). 28km down pass rd, turn right on torpy rd, 2km turn left on upper torpy road, at 13km you can go left up the burn to the first torpy, or go to 15km and take the road to your right and you can go up to your right at 11km(tight trees no trail) or continue to follow the road right to the back,take your first right and then your next right and you will see a trail up through the clear cut to your left. once in the trees there is a trail right to the top.

Good luck

finndoo

Reaction score
If you ever make it out to P.G. I'm sure one of us locals could be persuaded into showing you around, maybe" I'll show you mine if you show me yours?" Where are you from and where do you ride?

Top Bottom