top 10 baddest chutes on Boulder Mtn in July

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
July sledding has been the best ever this yr. fresh snow up high has made it smooth and the cool weather has left us with the best July snowpack in 15 yrs maybe ever, but my memory fades baddly after 10 to 15 yrs.. glad I don't have any kids older than 15 I probably would forget who they are...

here's the Scariest, baddest chutes up on Boulder, Revelsoke BC
top ten starting with the #1 worst and toughest chute,,

#1 The Arm Pit, one attempt, one success, Randy Swenson
#2 Irmens Arm first ascent Mike Irmen
#3 The Gash first ascent Paul Gibbs

july2011114.jpg

the armpit, Irmens arm and the Gash, Monster is #7 up the left

#4 The Mile or Madness, first ascent to NM

july2011111.jpg

#5 The Angry Pirate first ascent Paul Gibbs

july2011119.jpg

and another angle of the angry pirate

july2011116.jpg

#6 90 degree first ascent Nom Leslie

july2011121.jpg

90 right and swenny left

#7 The Monster first ascent Turbo Don Lentz

july2011103.jpg

#8 Swenny street

not sure why it's called this cuz Norm Leslie has the first ascent in it 3 yrs before swenny ever tired this chute.. I believe OZone called it this and the name stuck, should be renamed to give Norm his glory, I'd not want my name on a chute that I never had a first ascent in..

#9 Camp out, the chute that Trennis is on the cover of TS 4, Norm Leslie also has the first ascent in this one... filming Adrenaline Rush, back before 4 stroke turbos even were a dream..

july2011122.jpg

#10 The Airport chutes, first ascents by the original EXTREME TEAM, Reese Dickenson got the first two chutes done first, I got the third one done first, Shawn Hastings got the 4th one done first and Dave Knight got the 5th one done first, Dan Bush got the very first one the sidehills into Redemption done first, the 4th and 5th one have one entry but Y's at t he top into two exits, #1 refers to Redemption, #7 is short but really tight and scary in July... and there's the lake chutes, the Turbo hill chutes and the Nasty bad boy past Turbo... probably 30 amazing tech, tight and tough chutes up boulder Mtn... I believe this area has the most chutes in one area in North America

july2011101.jpg

#7 to the right #4 and #5 moving right to left and #3 and right on the left is #2

july2011109.jpg

Reese first climbed this in Snow Extreme 2 I beleive maybe snow Extreme one, on a Polaris 700 in May.. that would be 1997 or 1996 did Polaris even have a 700 in 1996 to 1997???

july2011104.jpg

Chute #6 is left chute #1 is next also called Redemption and then chute #2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and so on

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up the one right above the bumper of your sled on may long weekend this year with BDF#900's T-M1200....first ever chute climb. probably child's play for you seasoned veterans, but pretty fawkin' exciting for me....lol. actually did it twice because I forgot to turn on the helmetcam the first time....duh :eek:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up the one right above the bumper of your sled on may long weekend this year with BDF#900's T-M1200....first ever chute climb. probably child's play for you seasoned veterans, but pretty fawkin' exciting for me....lol. actually did it twice because I forgot to turn on the helmetcam the first time....duh :eek:

The chute with the lines in it is called Redemption. It usually has a cornice hanging above it that breaks off several times a year and avalaches right down the chute. Laird and Render pointed out the cornice to me when I was lining up to climb it this winter. The next time we were there, sure enough the cornice broke and a couple tonnes of snow came ripping right down Redemption. Just FYI :beer:

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Great details in the timeline Dan. We renamed it to "Megs Street".....she was the first Chick to climb it and leave a few veterans tumbling back down the mountain. Cause yeah I didn't name it or climb it first.

These are all bad azz and will spit the most veteran climbers out all day long.
As witnessed by our Sled Golf tourney in April and several of the keeners on both sides of the borders that have yet to make some of them.

Again good job on the timeline.........appreciated.

RS

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos and the time line it was fun to look and read about them and there masters! lol

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com

It's a scary chute, I've seen three fail and wreck there sleds in it..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Great details in the timeline Dan. We renamed it to "Megs Street".....she was the first Chick to climb it and leave a few veterans tumbling back down the mountain. Cause yeah I didn't name it or climb it first.

These are all bad azz and will spit the most veteran climbers out all day long.
As witnessed by our Sled Golf tourney in April and several of the keeners on both sides of the borders that have yet to make some of them.

Again good job on the timeline.........appreciated.

RS

I like Megs Street,,, she's the baddest lady in the hills,, you've got too many chutes named after you anyway Randy...!!!LOL,,, and you deserve everyone.... Got three chutes down here in Castlegar for you to claim....I'm too scared to climb and know you can do them in April before the snow gets to scary...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a scary chute, I've seen three fail and wreck there sleds in it..
wish I had the helmetcam on for the first run, I was scared sh!tless....held it to the bar and came up out of the chute carrying all kinds of speed, hit a small snow lip about 60' from the top....sailed Verno's 174" the rest of the way up without touching the snow until I landed it on top :eek:

errr, I mean, exactly like I planned :d

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wish I had the helmetcam on for the first run, I was scared sh!tless....held it to the bar and came up out of the chute carrying all kinds of speed, hit a small snow lip about 60' from the top....sailed Verno's 174" the rest of the way up without touching the snow until I landed it on top :eek:

errr, I mean, exactly like I planned :d

I wanna see the video of your second climb.

Looked like a cool chute.:beer:

Top Bottom