To who ever has ever stayed at camp, or plans to, or just wants to learn..

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this vid was made up specifically for the workers at the kearl oilsands project staying at wapasu camp, i've been there and my brother is currently there

tho this still pretty much sums up every camp... period
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F3wx3VOE7A&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to that camp but it pretty much sums up every camp that I have ever been in.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed in a camp up by Zama Lake back in the day. Cookie has a chocolate cake sitting on a bench under the coat rack. A Cat skinner come in with a greasy diesel smelling parka on, takes it off and hangs it up over the cake with the sleeve laying on the cake. Cookie goes ballistic and a fight ensues. Hard to believe but cookie kicks the skinners azz. Just another day in camp......:d:beer:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed in a camp up by Zama Lake back in the day. Cookie has a chocolate cake sitting on a bench under the coat rack. A Cat skinner come in with a greasy diesel smelling parka on, takes it off and hangs it up over the cake with the sleeve laying on the cake. Cookie goes ballistic and a fight ensues. Hard to believe but cookie kicks the skinners azz. Just another day in camp......:d:beer:

so you can say he's a Tough Cookie?

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL So true!! The worst camp I ever stayed in was a Husky camp out near Athabasca. It was an hour or so drive to the first compressor site and then another hour heli ride to the dry camp and the operator LOVED the stock channel we were not allowed to have anything else on. If you didnt bring ur laptop you were fawked!!!

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my camp right now is literally falling apart, it should be condemned

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My worst camp experience is from northwest of Rainbow Lake an hour just inside BC. That Traverse camp was a little like a jail experience. The setup was alright but the food was either under cooked or over cooked with no in between. Got food poisoning once and a kickazz flu twice on both winter project stays up there. The native cleaning staff would come around to clean and change bed sheets when it was convenient for the during the day and hopefully you had clean bed sheets when you back in after long change.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah also one of the squaw cleaning girls was selling herself out to who ever was feeling a little lonely....lmao. Not what you want to hear down the hallway when trying to fall asleep.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the showers in this camp are made out of metal, the bottom of some showers look like swiss cheese, and you can see the discolouration (or the colouration) of the water to a rusty red before it hits the drain, every sink leaks, the floors are all sagging, i had a that was grossly leaning on one side so bad i fell off my bed twice the first night then found wooden wedges... it was acceptable after that, the food is ch!t all the time, i drench everything in hotsauce so i cant taste that dogfood, to top it off they refuse to put TVs in the rooms

i am living in THE worst camp i have been so far, 7 years and 10 camps

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah also one of the squaw cleaning girls was selling herself out to who ever was feeling a little lonely....lmao. Not what you want to hear down the hallway when trying to fall asleep.

Diavik at one point had a similar service, before bed if you put your boots outside your door you would get a "visitor" during the night for your pleasure

keep the lights OFF...... damned for that in the summer tho haha

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes many camps seem substandard, however I have been in some that where very good (3-4 star hotel type or better),late '90's early 2000's not lately.
Always nice to find little gems like that once in a while in the middle of nowhere.

Top Bottom