To All The Cat EFI Owners

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, when you are ready and you know the final price that you need....PM us your email address and we can e-transfer you the money

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Perfect, I'll have to get more screws as well. Would people mind if I put a little touch of antisieze prior to shipping to ensure it gets put on? Or would some not want any?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Heres the type of Allen key I used with a rounded end to make installation easier.

8252A7B8-F65E-43E3-8661-8D8B31A2C0DE.jpg

Screws installed nice and easy with antisieze and the zinc washers
9587672B-85BB-4FB5-9CE6-62E132B01670.jpg

Injectors installed with the new o rings and cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner.
3D452FA5-C599-48CA-BB18-CFA94A64E0F0.jpg

bkoz

Reaction score
For or a screw driver, find one that has a pointier tip, these stock screws are weird, they're deep but not that large of diameter. Find one that fits it perfect, not just good. That might solve all the issues. when I tried to loosen my screws the first one I buttered to all hell. You really have to push straight down onto the screws. I mean I had my leg wrapped around the ski(while it was on the lift) and pushed with one hand and tried to turn with the other. Regardless I buttered two. One I got out with a set of needle nose vise grips, I managed to turn it ever so slightly.

The screws are probably JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) Phillips. Suzuki loves them.

Amazon and Ebay offer a couple of different brands. Though I have found that Snap-On phillips screwdrivers usually to a pretty good job of taking them out. But at the end of the day allen head screws are way better.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd take some as well. Good write up on the injector removal as well.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That's 14 kits total called for, I should have enough for everyone coming right now if I send off my o-rings I have for my sled's, I can always order more for myself. I'll let you know when they come. I'll put a little dab of antisieze on each screw, these are stainless and you have to make sure you have antisieze or some kind of lubricant on them or they'll bind and might damage threads. I'll put some scotch tape on the threads so the antisieze doesn't get all over everything and come off.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The screws are probably JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) Phillips. Suzuki loves them.

Amazon and Ebay offer a couple of different brands. Though I have found that Snap-On phillips screwdrivers usually to a pretty good job of taking them out. But at the end of the day allen head screws are way better.

I find that if you tap down on the screw while trying to break it free helps. Use a small hammer and tap on the handle while turning out the screw.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm getting more coming whenever warehouses get them, I got some more coming from east coast. I have 3 more kits ready to go, 8 in total right now. Picked up 60 screws and 60 washers so I am just waiting for the o-rings.

for shipping the lady at post office couldn't get me an exact number because the different addresses will cost different amounts but my dad works at Canada Post and suspected it would cost only a couple dollars to ship.

Right now now I have those first 3 kits ready, the 2 kits I just picked up screws for today, and then went and got enough o rings for 3 more kits. So total I have 8 kits ready, I'm just trying to figure out how to stick the lubricant/antisieze on the threads and keep everything neat. Use to have a heat sealer for packaging grain I don't know if it's still kicking around. I'l keep in touch.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I used a food packaging sealer to seal everything up, but since it's used with food I never put any antisieze on the threads. I'll leave a little note to make sure you do. I got 8 packages ready. I'll pm for addresses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dropped off 6 kits at post office, lady guessed shipping will be around $3 per package. Truck doesn't come till Monday. Waiting on others to get back to me with their addresses. I have 8 more kits ready to send out.

Top Bottom