TKI belt drive dealer in Alberta

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is a dealer in Alberta for TKI belt drive? Also TKI vs C3 belt drive, which one would you put on and why?

thanks

TKI is made in USA. C3 is made in China. I used the same belt drive (TKI) on 5 different sleds for nearly 8,000 mountain miles with minimal issues. The gates belts are priced reasonable and durable. Highly recommend.

brokenbones4

Reaction score
C3 belt drives are now Specialty Motorsports based in spruce grove. I have one on my xm turbo running 10psi with 3000km on it with zero issues or adjustment. I also have one on my 320hp m1100 turbo, only about 600km so far with one broken belt. I believe I had my tension a little to loose. I would recommend their kits.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a big shipment of Cat kits in stock yesterday. These took 2 months to get because all of the snow shows Tom had to attend and because he sold most of his stock.

I have:

2 x G4 kits

Cat 12-14
Cat 17 kit
Cat 18 kit
3 x Cat 19 kits

2 x AXYS 2.6" belt to belt kits
Polaris Proride Belt to Belt kit

Several brake levers and reservoir guards for Cat, Doo and Polaris

Desperately waiting on my AXYS 3" kits that have been on order for 1.5 months.

And waiting to receive couple of TKI Cat to Polaris magnetic tether kits. (one spoken for)

Specialty Motorsports

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
No that is actually very incorrect. We don't outsource any of our products outside of Canada. All our kits are built right here at the shop, and machined right here in Edmonton and BC.

TKI is made in USA. C3 is made in China. I used the same belt drive (TKI) on 5 different sleds for nearly 8,000 mountain miles with minimal issues. The gates belts are priced reasonable and durable. Highly recommend.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No that is actually very incorrect. We don't outsource any of our products outside of Canada. All our kits are built right here at the shop, and machined right here in Edmonton and BC.

Good on you guys! I have no problems with Specialty or C3 kits. Specialty has been around a long time and could not have been without consistently providing good products and services.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will give you a shout after the weekend!! Looking for a 2020 alpha kit, a 2013 Polaris pro belt to belt kit and maybe a 2020 G4 expert kit.

Thanks

I just got a big shipment of Cat kits in stock yesterday. These took 2 months to get because all of the snow shows Tom had to attend and because he sold most of his stock.

I have:

2 x G4 kits

Cat 12-14
Cat 17 kit
Cat 18 kit
3 x Cat 19 kits

2 x AXYS 2.6" belt to belt kits
Polaris Proride Belt to Belt kit

Several brake levers and reservoir guards for Cat, Doo and Polaris

Desperately waiting on my AXYS 3" kits that have been on order for 1.5 months.

And waiting to receive couple of TKI Cat to Polaris magnetic tether kits. (one spoken for)

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Was it Specialty that left Pfeiffer Engineering in USA high and dry after they got all tooled up for manufacturing gears and broaching?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much for a TKI brake lever for G4 skidoo?

$95. I am getting low on stock on these so don't wait if this is something you want.

I know some may compare the USA price but I am facing freight from the US, near 35% exchange rate, and then Canada Post shows up at this end with their hand out too. Often I have to hold product for 6 months to sell (seasonal). Then when I do order it is often a 2 month wait because everybody wants it at the same time of year.

Specialty Motorsports

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Ya no idea about that, never heard of them. We continue to use the same machining company's in BC and AB as C3 powersports has always used.

Was it Specialty that left Pfeiffer Engineering in USA high and dry after they got all tooled up for manufacturing gears and broaching?

Top Bottom