Three Sisters area

tasco

Reaction score
Everyone always talks about the notch, Wranglers Cabin, and Rolling Hills. But I never hear about the Three sisters area just north of Fernie. What's it like, and is it worth checking out on my weekly trips into Fernie. Since I always go solo for a few hours during the day, I hav'nt considered going there in case of a breakdown or other issue.

Would'nt mind a few pic's of the area

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Everyone always talks about the notch, Wranglers Cabin, and Rolling Hills. But I never hear about the Three sisters area just north of Fernie. What's it like, and is it worth checking out on my weekly trips into Fernie. Since I always go solo for a few hours during the day, I hav'nt considered going there in case of a breakdown or other issue.

Would'nt mind a few pic's of the area

The trail was groomed a week ago from the Hartley staging area to the East Fork (610). Remember that chains are required if you are pulling a trailer. The first part of the road is narrow, slippery, and subject to oncoming traffic.

Saying that, there is lots of riding up there. I would think about a 15 mile trail ride on the groomed trail with turnoffs to the Three Sisters, Soda Walls, Powder Bob's to name a few. The Three Sister's area is closed until March 15. When you get to marker 610 (FSA trail map), turn right over a bridge and up into vast areas. This is a little more remote and I wouldn't recommend it for a solo ride.

Sorry but I don't have any pictures. Good luck, fs

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you pm me you email i can email you some pic's was up there a couple of weeks ago, i dont know how to post pics on here. can be alot of rock in the three sisters and alot of avalanches, in the trees the snow is good, was wind blowen a ffew weeks ago

giddyup

Top Bottom