The Renshaw - McBRIDE

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Staging Area Location: Access is via Mountainview Road, just east of McBride and the Fraser River bridge. Go 21 km to the parking lot on your right.

Triail Up: From the parking lot, 30km up a groomed access trail. Groomed from the Middle of December to the when theres no snow in the lower parking lot.

Area Info: Offers the largest mapped out riding area in BC, only 15 minutes from McBride and 30km up a groomed access trail. It is recommended that you carry beacons, shovels, probes and extra gas in this remote area.

Riding Levels: Renshaw offers terrain for ALL riding abilities.

Cabin GPS: 53°28'20"N 119°58'15"W

Other Info:
Elevation: 3500 - 8750 ft.
Annual snowfall: 10 feet
Average winter temp: -6 to -10
Sledding season: Nov 15 to May, depending on snow
2006/2007 GROOMER is EL-JA Grooming

McBride Info Centre: 1-866-569-3366
EL-JA Trail Info Line: 1-250-569-8871

TRAIL USER PASSES: $15 per day - $40 for 3 days
- available at the trailheads.

Trail User Fees are determined and enforced by the Ministry of Forests and Range. For the exact wording of the regulation, click here

Season's Pass: $250 ($150 for McBride Big Country Snowmobile Club members)

Membership available at the Info Centre and Mountain Haven B&B
Season Pass available at the Info Centre in the train station.

"RULE OF THE BUSH: What you pack in, pack out."
Please do not litter our beautiful mountains.

Picture of Cabin:

cabin.jpg

GoogleMap of Cabin and Area:

renshawcabin.jpg

google_earth.gif
Images, you must have google earth installed to view.

Click here to Download Google Earth

Attachments

• Renshaw Cabin.kmz
    910 bytes · Views: 1,391
  • The Renshaw Parking Area.kmz
    768 bytes · Views: 789
Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$25 a day? Getting a little carried away I think. Just my opinion. I dont think it costs that much to run the equipment or maintain the cabin does it?

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$25 a day? Getting a little carried away I think. Just my opinion. I dont think it costs that much to run the equipment or maintain the cabin does it?

I don't mind paying it at all. BUT, when I pay $25 and the trail hasnt been groomed, I get pissed of real fast.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about it is the inconvenience of needing to find an additional $5. I'd be cool with $20 because that means I won't lose another $5 on the hill by the cabin somewhere lol. I'd be really pissed at losing $15 on the hill hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about it is the inconvenience of needing to find an additional $5. I'd be cool with $20 because that means I won't lose another $5 on the hill by the cabin somewhere lol. I'd be really pissed at losing $15 on the hill hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wasnt it 20 last year.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean, really I dont mind paying for trail passes at all but it just seems prices are getting higher and higher. I have enough trouble coming up with extra cash as it is. It would be different if the only hobby I had was sledding but it isnt. An extra 10 bucks here and there and again here starts to add up bigtime.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean, really I dont mind paying for trail passes at all but it just seems prices are getting higher and higher. I have enough trouble coming up with extra cash as it is. It would be different if the only hobby I had was sledding but it isnt. An extra 10 bucks here and there and again here starts to add up bigtime.

forsure, i think the biggest reason people have an issue with it is because its the last step of the morning. and its like really? more money LOL. after checking outl of the hotel @ 300$, fueling up the truck@ 100$ throwing 30$ worth of oil in your 2 smoke, then filling it up with 50$ in gas, then hitting up the breakfast spot 20$, get some snacks and drinks for the day, 20$

but a small portion of the trip in the sceme of things which is why it doesnt bother me one bit. i know the money goes to the right spot where its needed. sad thing is @ 25$ they will still be running in the red zone. id be looking at a seasons pass if its going to be 25$ it may be worth it for alot of people

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have an issue buying a seasons pass if I stay in the area. problem is I have about 6 or 7 areas to sled within BC and Alberta and each most want a pass. A guy could easily spend another few hundred each year. Maybe I need to win the lottery. Much easier that way.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying it at all. BUT, when I pay $25 and the trail hasnt been groomed, I get pissed of real fast.

This I agree with 100% !!! $25, I better have a damn good trail to run in on !

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here id buy a season's pass but might only get out ten or twelve days in BC this year and I ride two other area's kinda tough to drop 750 and not ride 30 plus days. Plus that is one long ass trail if it is in rough shape and it gets that way fast. I will only ride renshaw after checking the grooming schedule otherwise it will be some other area and that's tough to do in McBride if there hasn't been good snow in the last two days.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here id buy a season's pass but might only get out ten or twelve days in BC this year and I ride two other area's kinda tough to drop 750 and not ride 30 plus days. Plus that is one long ass trail if it is in rough shape and it gets that way fast. I will only ride renshaw after checking the grooming schedule otherwise it will be some other area and that's tough to do in McBride if there hasn't been good snow in the last two days.

Its that or head up at 6 am, if you attempt to take a leisurely day and a nice long breakfast, your back will be killing you for not racing to the top. Its getting pretty busy up there now.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode renshaw 8 times last year paid every time never once rode on a groomed trail

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Its that or head up at 6 am, if you attempt to take a leisurely day and a nice long breakfast, your back will be killing you for not racing to the top. Its getting pretty busy up there now.

Rode renshaw 8 times last year paid every time never once rode on a groomed trail
If its getting that busy maybe they should groom a little more often.

Top Bottom