The fast start to the summer fire season.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Evacuation order and alert issued for the south end of Sicamous. I would think from looking at the map, the order would effect Joholio and rightsideup and the alert would get bobsledder's attention.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have been trying to think about what to do if and when an evacuation order comes to Salmon Arm. Where would one go? So far we are okay and there is nothing close. The quick start to the 2 mile fire in Sicamous shows that a lot of chit can happen in a very short period of time.

South is into the heart of the Okanagan fires, west is into the heart of the Kamloops fires, and east isn't much better. North along the lake so far seems okay but at the north end of the road, Seymour Arm is on evacuation alert. If one got to Vernon, highway 6 to the east has some trouble spots. Interesting times.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to think about what to do if and when an evacuation order comes to Salmon Arm. Where would one go? So far we are okay and there is nothing close. The quick start to the 2 mile fire in Sicamous shows that a lot of chit can happen in a very short period of time.

South is into the heart of the Okanagan fires, west is into the heart of the Kamloops fires, and east isn't much better. North along the lake so far seems okay but at the north end of the road, Seymour Arm is on evacuation alert. If one got to Vernon, highway 6 to the east has some trouble spots. Interesting times.
come stay with us.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No fires around Elkford! :common001: :common001: :common001:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m camping in Salmon Arm and have been wondering the same thing. I’d probably go to Kamloops as my parents live in Rayleigh.
Friends of mine that live on east end of town, and have had chunks of ember falling out of the sky into their yard.

View attachment 240359

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
come stay with us.
No fires around Elkford! :common001: :common001: :common001:
It is the evacuation route that concerns me. If the order comes, it becomes a crap shoot as to which is the safest route to take. Then again, we may not have a choice which way to go as it my be dictated. Sit and get ready like we did in Elkford a few years ago and pray for the best.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is the evacuation route that concerns me. If the order comes, it becomes a crap shoot as to which is the safest route to take. Then again, we may not have a choice which way to go as it my be dictated. Sit and get ready like we did in Elkford a few years ago and pray for the best.

Plan ahead Bud, get all your valuables in one spot, when a order comes you wont have much time. Make sure your planned escape vehicle you will use, is full of gas too. Its a crappy feeling not knowing where to run.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice and cool up this way now, had quite a bit of rain, be nice if they lifted the ban up here soon but I’m guessing that won’t happen. Miss the campfires at night, and to keep the bugs down.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the amount of smoke in the sky here, must be a lot of fires burning? best to gather your valuables and have everything packed and ready to go! best of luck

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it appeared to be slowing down here but the winds have come up.

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 125

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been at smucks for two days. Went to the house this morning and sprinklers were set up on the trailers. The fire at 2 mile in sicamous moved about 1km in 15 minutes and we were gone. I hope I have a home to go back too but it all depends on the wind. Pray for rain.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have been at smucks for two days. Went to the house this morning and sprinklers were set up on the trailers. The fire at 2 mile in sicamous moved about 1km in 15 minutes and we were gone. I hope I have a home to go back too but it all depends on the wind. Pray for rain.
Wish you well Mark and good luck with everything.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire has move up to the NE It's getting close to the road we ride up to Owlhead. It is just below Skyline I believe

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire has move up to the NE It's getting close to the road we ride up to Owlhead. It is just below Skyline I believe

No it's a ways away

That elbow road it's close too is the one switch back after ya turn right up 2 km to the view point over town

Top Bottom