The cabin is sold! ferniesnow and his better half are moving!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Very sorry to see this area lose such a great ambassador to our sport, our loss is certainly Salmon Arm’s gain!! Wish you and Bev all the best.

Any chance I could get my hands on a very detailed map of your honey holes around here...just asking for a friend!:D:D

Since we’re going to be neighbors for a while look me up before you go, I’ll meet you at the Rum Runner for some wings and a cold one!

Thanks Heath. Sounds good for the Rum Runner.

Honey holes? What are those?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you Doug on the new adventure . Now you'll have a longer riding season

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you and Bev out here.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good luck with your venture Doug and Bev, alway enjoy reading your posts and seeing both of you at the snowmobile shows. We go to Sicamous typically every Febuary Family day long weekend, maybe you can meet up with us.

Thank you Ron. It might just take us until next spring to get unpacked and organized. One sure accumulates a lot of treasures while living in the fast lane and it seems like it is a total waste to throw out and clean up a lot of things so packing is a real head shake sometimes. So, it will definitely be a venture.
I would like to join you if just to see how often you have to clean the running boards while wearing our those good Klim boots!!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats Doug and hopefully I wouldn't be too far behind you. We'll cross paths this winter in the SA area.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to see ya leave ....maybe youll need one more tour with the guys from ontario .....will have to get down there at some point this summer for a visit

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
It has been a little hectic around here and my plate has been very full. That was the reason for the low post count in the last little while. Listed the house on April 15th and fully expected it to take a year or more to sell at a decent price. We were not giving it away! Well, lo and behold, in 3 months we are now homeless with a price that is very accommodating. July 15th is the date for the new occupancy. Just crazy to think that it would be gone that fast. Panic mode to get out of the house and put personal belongings in storage.

We are moving to Salmon Arm but haven't got anything established at that end. I have a client that still needs 2 months work and that will be interesting. Going to live in our holiday trailer in the Pass (Elkford and Sparwood campgrounds are all booked up) until I get my client finished. Two decks to build and a 24 x 26 shop to finish (interior and exterior). Am I crazy? Maybe yes. I took on the job thinking that I would have all summer to do the work and the house would just kind of stay in limbo. Can't go back on my word and a hand shake.

There will be interruptions in our involvement on S&M due to poor WiFi but I will still be around. The daily birthday wishes may suffer somewhat but that can't be helped.

As for the handle, ferniesnow, I will keep that (as it is a legend after all) and continue on even though we aren't going to be riding Fernie snow in the coming winters. I look forward to meeting new people and riding with old friends in the Shuswap.

Now to devote our time to finding some place to live before the snow flies!!

You will be very missed in Fernie. Enjoy your new community, I’m pretty sure the club there will love having you guys.

The ZacsTracs Crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom