The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 3.13.47 PM.png

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read an article last week that talked about all the manufacturers providing their max range but the author noted that the manufacturers do not recommend charging these vehicles beyond 90 percent.
The batteries can become dangerous when 90% is exceeded. (True?)
I wonder if that's factored into their maximum range. I think these will be great in the near future but right now, with recalls happening often, I think it's better to wait until the product is more reliable and stable.
I love how quiet this truck is and I was a little disappointed at how loud the electric sled is. I imagined nothing but the sound of powder flying by.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read an article last week that talked about all the manufacturers providing their max range but the author noted that the manufacturers do not recommend charging these vehicles beyond 90 percent.
The batteries can become dangerous when 90% is exceeded. (True?)
I wonder if that's factored into their maximum range. I think these will be great in the near future but right now, with recalls happening often, I think it's better to wait until the product is more reliable and stable.
I love how quiet this truck is and I was a little disappointed at how loud the electric sled is. I imagined nothing but the sound of powder flying by.
Not dangerous to charge beyond 90%. Leaving your battery above 90% for extended periods of time is bad for the longevity of the cells. For example I can charge my 3 to 90% every day and then when I want to go on a long road trip I will just top up the last 10% and drive it as soon as it's full. I would say that I charge to 100% about 5-6 times a year. 100% is actually annoying to me because there is no regenerative braking at that level. When you're on a road trip and fast charging it takes just as much time to go from 80 to 100 as it does from 0 to 80. So on a road trip when you are DC fast charging it's not worth the time going above 80%.

I was hyped about the electric sled as well until my friend rode it and told me what he really thought.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as it can tow a trailer more than 100 miles on a charge....unlike the electric F150.....

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as it can tow a trailer more than 100 miles on a charge....unlike the electric F150.....
Tfl tested it towing I think ~6000lbs, they made it ~73 miles to get to 20% charge.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Email from Rivian a couple weeks ago. Saying they have Canadian approval and should start delivering trucks to Original Order holders as soon as Nov 2022 ,depending on your order configuration. First Canadian deliveries will start in Vancouver and they will move there way east. Good news !!! Im in Van. The other side!!! I ordered a full load Launch Edition with the kitchen. So I might be in the ??? We are out of faucets, so you wont get your truck boat. Make no mistake I dont think EVs are the future. I dont think towing with a EV is even a consideration and when i want to go home after a long weekend im not sitting at a charge station with kids. What they are is a stepping stone to the future of transportation. IMHO. And they are bringing 20 k over MSRP. Also havent heard anything about Ram buying Rivian. Rivian has alot of cash!!! $600 million From Ford, $500 million from Bezos and $250 million from Cox publications.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Email from Rivian a couple weeks ago. Saying they have Canadian approval and should start delivering trucks to Original Order holders as soon as Nov 2022 ,depending on your order configuration. First Canadian deliveries will start in Vancouver and they will move there way east. Good news !!! Im in Van. The other side!!! I ordered a full load Launch Edition with the kitchen. So I might be in the ??? We are out of faucets, so you wont get your truck boat. Make no mistake I dont think EVs are the future. I dont think towing with a EV is even a consideration and when i want to go home after a long weekend im not sitting at a charge station with kids. What they are is a stepping stone to the future of transportation. IMHO. And they are bringing 20 k over MSRP. Also havent heard anything about Ram buying Rivian. Rivian has alot of cash!!! $600 million From Ford, $500 million from Bezos and $250 million from Cox publications.

My buddy ordered the kitchen as well and they told him they’re redesigning it. Max pack with every option “sometime in 2024”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom