thank you cat

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just recieved a package in the mail. a new belt for my pro climb 800 with a letter stating they have acknowledged belt clutch issues. they also informed me that i will be recieving an additional 12 months of warranty. thanks cat for being pro active
I got mine in the mail today as well. It's perfect.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats good on Cat for doing that!

BRP certainly had its share of belt issues on the 08's and into 09, not to many free belts handed out.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
just recieved a package in the mail. a new belt for my pro climb 800 with a letter stating they have acknowledged belt clutch issues. they also informed me that i will be recieving an additional 12 rivets for my airbox. thanks cat for being pro active

Fixed it for you...lol... Of course Im just kidding. Good on AC for stepping to the plate. Wish every manufacturer would do that for their customers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

BRP certainly had its share of belt issues on the 08's and into 09, not to many free belts handed out.

Actually BRP has been very proactive on some of there more recent screw ups Dan. Extra year engine warranty for 07 800R's, drive belts for 08 Summit 800's, and new top ends for 2011 800r ETECS.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

are you kidding? brp replaced every belt i blew on my old 08 xp. warranty was top notch. i bet i got 6 free belts till the 377 came out.

linzoid

Reaction score
07's had belt issues too, I got no free belts from BRP. Even after bitching. I have paid for at least 12 belts since I bought that sled. Do the math 12 x $155 =OUCH. when they upgraded for the 08's the cost went to $185. Oil went from about $40-45 to $55-58 over about 2 years. Hmmmm..... How much do they make on the sale of a new sled anyway?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome that Arctic cat gave you a free belt and another year of warranty but did they fix any issues with the clutches. If the problem is with the belt then great. But if the problem is with the clutches then a stronger belt is not a fix only a bandaid. I hope it is a fix.

Top Bottom