telus vs Koodo

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been with Koodo for along time. Good reception out in bush I have found. Just as good as other carriers.

Pay $43 a month with 14GB and unlimited call/text in canada.

Got new phone this year but got one that was no cost of 2year plan.

bcjeepr

Reaction score
If you only use your phone as a phone .check out Public Mobile . another Telus company ,but there are savings . if you dont mind being treated like a twelve year old .

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bell uses telus towers in the west and vis versa in the east, the are exactly the same. The only difference would be the phones. That being said, wife and i have the exact same phones with telus and mine gets better service than hers. Why? Who knows, its all Chinese junk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My company phone is a Telus iPhone, my personal phone is a bell iPhone, both 5g. I don’t know why, but I have to use my personal phone to call out. I’ve noticed this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the latest promotion, more data than I need but might be worth the upgrade. Can select speed boost 100 mbs upgraded to 200 on 4g. Rollover data might be ok too…
C53BBAA4-E31E-4635-8C75-2D7D5D3F88F1.jpeg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I bit the bullet and picked up a pair of new phones today, we normally buy the phone outright but the new contracts don't make that economical right now. Google Pixel 7, 40gb of data for $66/month. Plus right now at Best buy you get a $200 gift card with the phone.

Basically cost an extra $11/month for the new phone, over 24 months it's 1/3 the cost of buying it outright.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
My son worked forTelus for 14yrs and suggested the changed last year.

Koodo is owned by Telus. It’s weird that pricing is lower & benefits better. We still get our Telus discount for having all
Services under their umbrella.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this up....

I have been with Telus for a while. My current plan is Unlimited talk text Canada only, Unlimited data. 87 bucks a month plus tax.

Turns out I use less than 1 gig of data per month, so I don't need that....but none of the Telus plans are any cheaper really. I could use USA talk/text as I don make a fair number of calls down there.

I'm looking at Public Mobile. Looks like for around 40 bucks a month I can get Canada/USA unlimited Talk/text...comes with 60gig data (which I will never use).

Anyone go this route? Do I have to go into a store to switch cards or anything? What about keeping my current phone number? (sorry....not a techy nerd)

Edit: I see Public doesn't offer WiFi calling. I kind of need that as my cell coverage sucks out where I live, so I use WiFi calling through my home internet all the time when I work from home. So looks like Koodo may be an option?

Last edited:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koodo $34 plan has 50 gb and wifi calling. They are sometimes hidden promos. They also have a $30 plan.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I switched to Koodo months ago (2 phones) and saved close to $100/month. I won’t use the GB of data that comes with the plan as before we switched, we would use 3% of the 5 GB of data from Telus.
I don’t have a problem with Telus in the back country. Seldom have no service but then again, I am not into the same patterns as I was 10 years ago.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus has much better packages than what they advertise online, you just have to call and ask. Even if you work for a larger company, often they have unadvertised discounts. You just need access to an email address for the company when initially setting it up. $60-$65 per month for unlimited North America, 100GB per month is pretty common with Telus these days.

I’ve been with Koodo for many years now and currently have $45 per month for unlimited Canada and 75GB data. Way more than I need for at home, and I buy esims for data plans whenever I travel for usually less than $10 per month, depending on where and how much data I need.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just switched to public mobile last month. 50gb data unlimited Canada us.
Worked great in the USA.
35 a month.
Refer some one and get more money off your bills...so yeah if you want public mobile I can send a referral code.

Last edited:

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just switched to public mobile last month. 50gb data unlimited Canada us.
Worked great in the USA.
35 a month.
Refer some one and get more money off your bills...so yeah if you want public mobile I can send a referral code.
This is the way. I'm on the same plan and have been with them for 4 years for a dollar off each year I've been subscribed, plus I recommended the Wife for another dollar off. I'm down to $30 a month. Same service as regular Telus.
Bring your own device though.

Top Bottom