Telus email to google

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for reasons that are rather obvious these days I am having suspicious thoughts about why Telus is shifting out of the email game and giving it to google? Is it now getting to big to handle? Is it that google has better spyware? Telus says it is to enhance your email experience... yeah right. Any one done it yet?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for reasons that are rather obvious these days I am having suspicious thoughts about why Telus is shifting out of the email game and giving it to google? Is it now getting to big to handle? Is it that google has better spyware? Telus says it is to enhance your email experience... yeah right. Any one done it yet?

Central monitoring experience is what you are about to get.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

TELUS webmail was absolute trash, GMAIL has a much better UI for Webmail, and way better backup on their servers. I've been a GMAIL user for 16 years now and I've had no issues with it. My TELUS webmail I hated, now being a "rural resident" I no longer have TELUS so only use my Gmail.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
By using an email provider other than your service provider, you don't have trouble changing addresses. You take the email with you. Before I moved to Salmon Arm, I used shaw.com and didn't find Shaw accommodating enough in our new neighbourhood. We have Telus services but not Telus email. That way I am hoping not to have to change the email address again as it was a real pita to change all of the companies that one does business with.

I can say, that the way the world is going, I may drop Google and find another provider more accommodating to get away from the Google BS. (not that it has affected me so far but with what the tech giants are doing who knows was will happen).

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a Telus email account for as long as I can remember. It would be a real PITA to have to go through everything that I have registered wit that email with and change it to something else. I moved to a place in the past that Telus didn't service but I was still able to keep the email address for a minimal monthly fee. I don't know if that is still available to do but it was an option back then. Our Telus email was migrated to the Google last fall. Everything went well with the provided instructions. The Gmail webmail interface is MUCH better than the Telus one was but I was used to it since I have a Gmail account as well. I do still pull my email down to a computer at home with MS Outlook when I am accessing it there.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be the last one to migrate my Telus email account. They keep hounding me to do so, telling me it's safe and separate from the Google monster. Yeah right. As soon as they started this migration the incoming spam went nuts. Telus said they have to rebuild all the spam filters and that means they need a certain number of people reporting it to make it into the filtering system. That doesn't sound like a lot of control or separation to me.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still keep your Telus email address so nothing changes there. Your Telus email just becomes a google G suite account. Only issue I have seen so far is the G suite account isn't a full gmail account so you can't use it to log into and Google accounts like Nest, etc.

Top Bottom