Teenage Daughter Problem

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
The kids are gonna do whatever they want no matter what we say.I just hope they do it safely cause I'm way too young to be a grandpa.

There is a TON of truth to that statement!!!!! It's AMAZING that I have made it to 44 and that I can breathe on my own without any assistance because according to my teenagers I am the stupid-est person around!!!!

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
I was waaaaaay smarter than my parents when I was 17...

Yup so was I!!!!!! My kids range in age from 5 to 20 it's when the 5 year old thinks he is smarter that the 20 year old that the fight is on or the 7 year old thinks she is smarter than the 17 year old. The 15 year old middle kid will badger them all on.....and when they all get fighting at the same time.........9 more days of school left............................:whoo:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yup so was I!!!!!! My kids range in age from 5 to 20 it's when the 5 year old thinks he is smarter that the 20 year old that the fight is on or the 7 year old thinks she is smarter than the 17 year old. The 15 year old middle kid will badger them all on.....and when they all get fighting at the same time.........9 more days of school left............................:whoo:
Then u get to deal with them ALL DAY LONG!!!
We got kinda the same deal; 7 16 19.When the 7+19 are fighting its tough to tell which one's more mature????

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have to say, the 16 year old sounds like bad news, but an older boy and younger girl doesn't always mean the boy should be left blowing bubbles in the muskeg. I wasn't allowed to date until 16, and we have told our kids the same thing. However, at 14 I was "dating" an 18 year old boy. We were together a few months and he was always respectful. He had to come to the house and hang out with my family if he wanted to see me. I was occasionally allowed to go out with him, in a group setting only, not very late and not very often, with mom and dad waiting at the door when we got home, or outside the movie theatre to be sure that's actually where we went. That said, I was a good kid. My mom and dad were very involved in my life and the communication doors were wide open (at least with mom, lol)

I take some offence to the comment that these girls mothers were all out whoring around at that age too. Kids will do what they will do, and sometimes all we can do is pray they stay safe while doing it. But it's our duty to give them the best possible foundation. We do this by being involved, by being the parent they sometimes hate. Setting rules, enforcing rules, sometimes changing the rules to accommodate a situation. By talking to them, staying open, trying to respect them and their point of view (even when they are dead wrong :rolleyes:) And I don't think I'm alone when I say we do this, feeling a lot of the time like we are doing it all wrong, at least I do. Thanks so much to arff, rzrgade and all the other parents who are reminding us that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and that even though we screw up, we will muddle through and come out the other end still intact.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOOO HOOOOOO Battle Royal tonight in the homefront.. Topic tonight.. WORK ETHIC... My 14 year old son will be a little peeved for a few days, but LAZY AZZ doesn't get the worm, or the dirt bike, or any other privileges... NADDA...

FEED THE STUPID CHICKENS!!!!!! I'll make sure I roost him with mud as I take off on their bike... Crap.. 14 year old boys try to stay awake too late.. We're on a early to bed plan for him till he can level himself out. No excuses for lazy.. EVER.. ever ever ever ever...

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
I was kind of a wolf back then, but I was kryptonited by one young lady. I was 16, she 15, but for some reason she had ALL the power. I was a regualr at their dinner table, her parents treated me with respect, as I them, I wasn't the devil, but a bundle of hormones, nontheless. I had the shiny car, and thought I was all that and a bag of zesties, but still, her parents had given her the power and self esteem that trumped everything. Everything was on her terms, and it confused me "why was I so outdone by this one"? We dated throughout high school, and even though we went our separate ways, I remember the power of her resolve. I dated alot, and eventually was only stopped dead in my tracks when I met my wife who has the same "power".... self respect, confidence, and she don't take chit from nobody. Your best weapon is infact your daughter. Give her the tools to weild "the POWER", and you might be supprised that the chips fall in your favour. Man, I miss that car.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was kind of a wolf back then, but I was kryptonited by one young lady. I was 16, she 15, but for some reason she had ALL the power. I was a regualr at their dinner table, her parents treated me with respect, as I them, I wasn't the devil, but a bundle of hormones, nontheless. I had the shiny car, and thought I was all that and a bag of zesties, but still, her parents had given her the power and self esteem that trumped everything. Everything was on her terms, and it confused me "why was I so outdone by this one"? We dated throughout high school, and even though we went our separate ways, I remember the power of her resolve. I dated alot, and eventually was only stopped dead in my tracks when I met my wife who has the same "power".... self respect, confidence, and she don't take chit from nobody. Your best weapon is infact your daughter. Give her the tools to weild "the POWER", and you might be supprised that the chips fall in your favour. Man, I miss that car.....

The last statement reminded me of a joke that I got mailed the other day (not to make lite of the topic nor to high-jack the thread).....just to drop a little humor on the topic!

ATT00001.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
HI MOM!!!:D
Geez you're a hardazz!
all teenage boys got some lazy in them
HOOO HOOOOOO Battle Royal tonight in the homefront.. Topic tonight.. WORK ETHIC... My 14 year old son will be a little peeved for a few days, but LAZY AZZ doesn't get the worm, or the dirt bike, or any other privileges... NADDA...

FEED THE STUPID CHICKENS!!!!!! I'll make sure I roost him with mud as I take off on their bike... Crap.. 14 year old boys try to stay awake too late.. We're on a early to bed plan for him till he can level himself out. No excuses for lazy.. EVER.. ever ever ever ever...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's what I always tell my kids;"I don't have to outrun the bear,I just have to outrun one of YOU!"
The last statement reminded me of a joke that I got mailed the other day (not to make lite of the topic nor to high-jack the thread).....just to drop a little humor on the topic!

View attachment 132068

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI MOM!!!:D
Geez you're a hardazz!
all teenage boys got some lazy in them

HI MIKE!! :D

I was wondering about that. I know they go through a shift where they need more sleep etc.. but wow!!!! He's a good boy though, full of hugs this morning before he went off to school.

Top Bottom