TCSC - SANTA's TOY RIDE - Dec 14/14

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are again Hosting our SANTA's TOY RIDE on December 14, 2014
Here is the info from Rudi our ride Coordinator

Hi all Snowmobilers

The minister has given me the permit to hold the toy run again the dates are Dec 14/2014 if temp and snow hold out.
If the temp is minus 20 or colder we will try the alternate date of Jan. 18/2015.
Being held at same place as last year 1/4 mile south of Hay Lakes in farmers field.
Riding Hyw. 21 ditch to 634 and back, also can ride to Armenia and back to staging area.
Bring toys, food or cash for xmas and food bank.
We will have a bbq hot dogs and pop to follow, Tri County picks up tab for BBQ items.
Everyone is welcome on a sled.
Kids welcome, just have registration and insurance on sleds and your good to go.

Please read attachments and print or pass along to any one you think would like to come out to our ride.

Thanks
Tri County
Capital Region Snowmobile Toy Run organizer.
Rudi (Haakeye) Haak

780-922-4225

Attachments

• TCSC January 2014 Toy Ride Poster.pdf
    314.7 KB · Views: 126

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Would this ride be suitable to take my 2.5 yr old along with the ride? I had him out on the trails and he enjoyed it (actually fell asleep towards to end) . I assume its a very casual ~1hr ride?

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this ride be suitable to take my 2.5 yr old along with the ride? I had him out on the trails and he enjoyed it (actually fell asleep towards to end) . I assume its a very casual ~1hr ride?

I would have to no to that
just too young
on our groomed trails we have spent years clearing trees, rocks and stumps off the trails and then we groom the trail will 11 grader blade drag to make it perfectly flat.
Also we move at a quick pace.

this ride is in the ditch and we do our best to make it as safe a ride as possible but a ditch is a ditch and we have not been allowed to maintain and groom it. So i believe this ride is to risky for a 2.5year old.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Also so it is closer to 2 - 2.5 hour ride
Sorry

We would like to invite you out to the staging area south of Hay Lakes. The field is over 1 section and you can join in and then casually ride around the field at you pace and when the ride returns join us for a BBQ in the staging area
i am sure there will be other people behind not riding too.

Last edited:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will this still be happening with the stupid warm weather this week? Not sure how much snow is down there?

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will this still be happening with the stupid warm weather this week? Not sure how much snow is down there?

Will be monitoring the snow but there is a lot right now
if for any reason it does get cancelled we will post ASAP on this website and TCSC site
too much planning, permits, organization to not enjoy it now

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Likely will show up there around noon at the staging area and just casually ride around the open field.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SANTA's TOY RIDE is CANCELLED
you guest it "NO SNOW"
by the weekend the ditches will be empty or pure ice

Next date for ride is January 18, 2015

Top Bottom