TCSC - RUDI HAAK passes away at age 70.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

It is with a sad heart to tell you that our long time friend and colleague RUDI HAAK has passes away. He died on December 10, 2020 from a heart attack at home with his loving wife Loraine at his side. Rudi was 70 years old.

Rudi was such an active guy. He was the driving force behind the Sherwood Park Snowmobile Club, then very active with the Tri-County Snowmobile Club, hosting the Santa’s Toy Rides and Gymkhana’s Fun Days. He was always there to help someone get the sleds or vehicles going and make sure everyone was having fun.

He sat on the board of directors for Tri-County and had just become the President of the Edmonton Fish and Game Association. He remined me of the Energizer Bunny – he was always on the go…

As this only happened this afternoon, December 10, 2020, I do not have any information on the following family decisions or how COVID will play into the decisions. I will try to inform you once things get finalized.

Please post nice and/or funny comments and pictures of the past 40 years sledding with RUDI on the thread below- Thanks All

https://www.snowandmud.com/tri-coun...1-tcsc-rudi-haak-passes-70-a.html#post2861712

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad news
I worked with him
He was a great guy and the best mechanic I ever worked with.
He will be missed.

Reactions: RXN

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted for Patrick Jordan President for Tri-County
More pictures to come just will not upload

Rudi loved hosting the Santa's Toy Ride's both with the Sherwood Park Snowmobile Club and Tri-County Snowmobile Club
Pic 1 - Rudi is on his yamaha sled with the rad jacket and yellow vest with reindeer horns on his helmet - he was Rudolf
Pic 2- Rudi is on the left under the Tri-County trailer logo - Patrick is behind him as Santa Claus
Pic 3- Rudi is wearing his favorite Blue Yamaha shirt standing beside his good friend Eugene Sawchuck

If you have a picture please post it or email it to me to be posted at brianbeebe@outlook.com

Attachments

• 2011-01-09_TCSC_Santa'sToyRide1.jpg
    2011-01-09_TCSC_Santa'sToyRide1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 2011-01-09_TCSC_Santa'sToyRide29.jpg
    2011-01-09_TCSC_Santa'sToyRide29.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 2008-ASA Show.jpg
    2008-ASA Show.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow shocking and very sad news.
I've known Rudi since the early eighties through the Sherwood Park Snowmobile Club.
A lot of great memories including the Steak runs from Sherwood Park to Hay Lakes Hotel/Bar, many toy runs, numerous Gymkana's on South Cooking Lake and of course many trips to McBride. Perhaps those McBride trips were the most memorable. Rudi and his black diesel Ford truck would haul 2 sleds on a deck and then tow a double deck trailer with another 8 sleds. The snow was so abundant in the 80's we would unload in town and ride to all the areas. It was a big day riding the ditch to Holmes River and then head up to the Renshaw and return later that night. Rudi loved his Yammies especially the Phazers. His brother Loather once separated his shoulder on a ride. After x-rays and with his arm in a sling he still rode one armed all next day in the alpine, simply amazing.
Seventy is too young to go but as they say Only the Good Die Young.
RIP HAAKEYE

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sad day. Snowmobiling has lost a good guy and volunteer. Like said before he was a big part of the Sherwood Park club and carried right on with Tri County. great guy and a real family man. RIP Rudi

Top Bottom