TCSC Ministik Temporarily Closed Jan 11,2021

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Ministik is now temporarily closed due to low snow level and vegetation is showing.
AEP closed the gates tonight Jan 11. They will review opening after a significant snow fall of at least 10-15 cm.

will keep you in touch.

sweins

Reaction score
Hi all
Ministik is now temporarily closed due to low snow level and vegetation is showing.
AEP closed the gates tonight Jan 11. They will review opening after a significant snow fall of at least 10-15 cm.

will keep you in touch.

Just saw some new video's pop up on youtube and thought i would pass along. Glad to see some snowfall today. Hopefully conditions will improve.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeGY1WgZVb7C7ghtYiTmW-A

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw some new video's pop up on youtube and thought i would pass along. Glad to see some snowfall today. Hopefully conditions will improve.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeGY1WgZVb7C7ghtYiTmW-A

I would like to take a moment to thank you SWEINS, for taking the time to post 6 QUADDING VIDEOS on the MINISTIK SNOWMOBILE Trails
It goes to show the LACK of RESPECT QUADDERS have for Snowmobile Trails.
It has taken 24 Years of very hard work to create these trails but quadders obviously have no IDEA what it takes to keep Ministik open.

The 6 Videos showed 3 Quads leaving Parking Lot #2 west
Headed south east to the Fort Trails just south of Big Ministik Lake
Ripping east bound down the Fort Trail at 60 to 80km/hr to the drainage ditches
From the drainage ditches they went east on to the Waskihegan Walking trail (THAT is WRONG - FOOT traffic ONLY - #1 MISTAKE)
ABSOLUTLY no new trails are to be create in MINISTIK with out approval by AESRD (AEP) so bush whacking's is making new trails and will get everyone KICKED out of MINISTIK -- not just these quadders on these videos and the gates will remain locked...
They then went east through the beaver ponds (NOTHING BUT FOOT TRAFFIC EAST OF THE WASKIHEGAN TRAIL --- #2 MISTAKE)
Then North to the old ELK PEN MAIN GATES- again an ABSOLUTE NO-NO --- FOOT TRAFFIC ONLY (#3 MISTAKE)
As their is no way out back to Parking Lot #2 the quads backtracked over their own tracks, back to Parking Lot #2
I see now that these videos were changed to other quad videos and not the ones originally post of 3 Quads in Ministik
so the groomed trail saw 3 quads x 4 tires x 2 round trip = 24 rubber tires on the trail - what do you think would happen to the trail...

I see now that these 6 videos were changed to other quad videos and not the ones originally post of 3 Quads in Ministik

It has taken 24 years working with the following to get Ministik open and maintain these Snowmobile trails

Alberta Environmental Sustainable Resources Department -- (AESRD) for 24 years and on a yearly basis !!!!!!!
Alberta Environment & Parks (AEP)
Local MLS's
4 Counties that intersect Ministik
Local Councellor's

Tri-County Snowmobile Club contribution:
24 Years of unpaid man hours Volunteering,
-- 3 years Making the trails, - about 1000 man hours
-- clearing down trees yearly averaging 10 men x 8 hrs/day x 5 days = 400 man hours per year to clear fallen trees... 24 years x 400 man hrs = 9600 man hours
-- Grooming the trails
---- Sled packing the snow to maintain a smooth base - 3 guys x 8 hrs x 2 days = 48 man hours per year x 24 yrs = 1152 man hrs
---- Grooming with large BR180 Groomer and drag - $100,000.00 to purchase from Prinoth.
-------- 2 guys x 24 hrs to groom both directions - 48 hrs - groomer costs about $100.00/hr to operate
Tri-County Snowmobile Club operations 300 man hours per year = 300 x 24 yrs = 7200 man hrs
Budget cost to operate Ministik, clear trees and groom trail about $8,000.00 per year

so roughly what has Tri-County spent on Ministik in 24 years -- $8000 x 24 = $192,000 + $100,000 Groomer = $292,000.00
How man hours has Tri-County spent creating and maintaining the Ministik trails 1000 + 9600 + 1155 + 7200 = 18,955 man hours

Input / investment from quadders and Alberta Off Hiways Association = ZERO - NILL - NOTHING - but quadders think they are ENTILTLED to ride down the groomed snowmobile trails, make NEW trails where ever they want, go where ever they want... - BS - NOT

Let a quadder know how you feel about them destroying the snowmobile trails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A quick jab with a sharp knife into the sidewall of a tire for any quad on a sled trail sends a strong message :)

sweins

Reaction score
Looks like the videos I saw of the quaders in ministik have been taken down. Had good footage on 2 of the 3 machines license plates. Must of gotten back to the video posters and they removed the videos pointed out. Hopefully we recieve some more snow.
tTd0cskuCJn69fdOgAABAgQIEEgC4i1xGRMgQIAAAQIEvgLi7evvnQABAgQIECCQBMRb4jImQIAAAQIECHwFxNvX3zsBAgQIECBAIAmIt8RlTIAAAQIECBD4Coi3r793AgQIECBAgEASGPkIMZptyolEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

See the video thumbnail was still on a page i left open. Can't seem to attach a screen shot of it.
tTd0cskuCJn69fdOgAABAgQIEEgC4i1xGRMgQIAAAQIEvgLi7evvnQABAgQIECCQBMRb4jImQIAAAQIECHwFxNvX3zsBAgQIECBAIAmIt8RlTIAAAQIECBD4Coi3r793AgQIECBAgEASGPkIMZptyolEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
ministik quaders.JPG

Last edited:

sweins

Reaction score
Anyone go out yesterday? Went to a buddies property ripping around in some pasture. Was good to get out with the kids and weather was fantastic.

Top Bottom