T Motion Kit

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update on the T-Motion in 09 summit! It does not work the way it should, makes it much more difficult to hold a line. Now if you put the 2010+ rails and front shock I'm sure it will work 100%.

Stantheman

Reaction score
Just finished installing mine today but when I greased the suspension I seen grease coming out of the lower front arm where I didnt expect it. The line is straight so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or not. Its between the grease zerk and the shock mount. Anyone else notice this? Hope its normal because I would hate to have to take it all apart again.

Its the grey line on the shaft near the shock mount.

IMG_1852_zpsad299a63.jpg

Stantheman

Reaction score
Thank god lol, if I started to take that skid apart again I think the wife would move out for the weekend.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 and am interested in the kit. whats the difference between the 08 and 10 rails that would make the kit not work properly?

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over 300 miles on my conversion now and love it made the sled way easier to ride and requires way less rider input! Won't look back and mine does not have the flex track...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a way to change the 08 front shock location without buying new rails?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the plung and bought the T-Motion kit for my 2011 Summit yesterday. Now I have a summer project.

Britt

I hope you can occupy your time with something else as that is a 2 hour max project! :p

You will like it though. Depending on your height I would look at the post forward kit, that is a bit longer of a project. Might occupy a weekend if you haven't torn down the top half of your console before. I found the post forward with a shorter riser to be more of a difference over the t motion.

sent from a top secret location

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am thinking about the post forward kit also. So that could tie up another couple of days but I am in the middle of bathroom Reno hell so I am torn about what to do LOL

Britt

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also thinking of installing the T-Motion kit but I am also looking into the Post Forward kit. What kind of difficulties are involved with the installation of the Post
Forward kit? There are not much for instructions on the C-3 power sports web site.

Billy Boy

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some modding of the airbox is required if you use the stock steering post. Some people opt to use a straight post or modified post. The modding of the airbox is easiest if you split the box and then shape the lower half with a heat gun. You can melt it easily with a heat gun so moderate heat is all that is required.

On the solid bottom blocks they just need to be ground out slightly to account for the new steering post angle.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the XM's are running in the forward position. Regardless of height having more weight forward and standing closer to the drive shaft will improve handling. You will likely find your stock riser is too tall though.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes its google extream air shocks

I had that kit and shocks before I had the t-motion, but they work wonderfully together. wish I had put the xm spindles and skis on cause they were only 75 bucks more than the 2012 skis I put on my 09 but I already had sent everything to get powder coated.

last year on my first ride out, the sled looked the same but took me a bit to get used to it. lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a t motion kit.

Looking forward to riding the buffalo with it in.

Hope it anti buffalos it.

Want it to snow real bad now.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Top Bottom