SXS tire solution for Construction site

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased a new Defender for my crew and they are eating up the factory rubber pretty quick with nails etc. is there a better solution? hard surface or foam filling?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe try that green tire slime. Its supposed to seal punctures instantly, you just put it in the tire and it does the rest.

Ive never tried it, so cant confirm if it works or not.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe try that green tire slime. Its supposed to seal punctures instantly, you just put it in the tire and it does the rest.

Ive never tried it, so cant confirm if it works or not.
i have tried the slime, didn't like it, holds air today flat tomorrow, it can get you through to get the tire fixed. i have heard it will rust out a steel rim, although i haven't seen it. all the guys just carry a plug kit and a tire pump!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My neighbor got his foam filled at a tire shop, Kal Tire I think? But they are bullet proof lol. I'll find out exactly where in the morning

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor got his foam filled at a tire shop, Kal Tire I think? But they are bullet proof lol. I'll find out exactly where in the morning

Be heavy wouldn’t they? Be good for work site I guess. But for trail riders I would think it would rob a bunch of performance

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be heavy wouldn’t they? Be good for work site I guess. But for trail riders I would think it would rob a bunch of performance
I can't remember how much it adds..... something like 2lbs??? I lifted one and it wasn't bad.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tire Pirates in Calgary did 4 tires at $40.00 each. Dropped them off Friday, got injected and picked up Monday morning.
never have a flat again!!!
I looked into it a little more, and the winter skid steer companies are going this route as well. Because they don’t want to phuck around with a flat.
Hope this helps

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foam filled.sound like a problem to get the tire off when it comes time to change out.

Top Bottom