Sweeping the shop

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you guys keeping your shop floors clean. We have trucks and equipment in and out of the shop here and the floor inevitably gets dirty. How are you guys keeping your floors clean. I hate having the guys sweep because it kicks up so much dust. Does the sweeping compound work? Is there a better way to do it? Small area, only 25*80.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you guys keeping your shop floors clean. We have trucks and equipment in and out of the shop here and the floor inevitably gets dirty. How are you guys keeping your floors clean. I hate having the guys sweep because it kicks up so much dust. Does the sweeping compound work? Is there a better way to do it? Small area, only 25*80.
Densify, polish and seal floor.
Vacuum then wet mop.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The floor sweep compound will be your best friend. It's basically sawdust with an additive to keep it damp. Traps the fine particles and makes it easier to use a dust pan too.
Our big truck comes in for the night and every morning the previous days grime melts off on the floor and has to be swept up. We buy the mid sized boxes from Greggs, they would last about 3 weeks. Store it in an airtight pail to keep it damp. We tried the large pail once, but it was dried out by the time we got near the bottom.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Densify, polish and seal floor.
Vacuum then wet mop.
Thought about it. The floor is rough which doesn't help. We plan to build a new shop in the next few years, so not sure if we want to spend too much money on fixing this floor.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use this style sweeper. Doesn’t kick up the dust and is fast.

Attachments

• 85D080DC-4C85-407E-AE5F-CD7FD99C808F.jpg
    85D080DC-4C85-407E-AE5F-CD7FD99C808F.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 149

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shop I run is 50x100, i just scoop up the big chunks of mud, and wash the floor. Keep the dust way down..

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Dustbane was found to be carcinogenic.

Well som bitch.
That whats wrong with me. Lol.

Never knew this, thanks Skegpro: Sand, by its very nature, contains free silica. In its respirable form, silica is recognized as a carcinogen to humans

Last edited:
Top Bottom