Supplemental Antlerless Whitetail

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and people I know from many parts of the province of Alberta are not seeing the numbers even before last winters deep snow. Comment here in regards to this topic. I personally stopped buying these tags years back but understand some families need to fill their freezers. They will be full of air soon if the slaughter is allowed to continue! Look at the Edmonton and Calgary bow zones for moose... It's sad that the insurance companies manage our environmental stewardship.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way more hunter now but chased everything deeper in, more hunters = less animals

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In quite a few zones north of Saskatoon they have cut hunting seasons in half. There isn't near the deer running around by Prince Albert as there used to be that forsure. Rumor has it that if they don't see population increases, next year we may not even have an open season in most zones in the area.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up around where we hunt(fort assinaboine ) big surge in wolf population..i think that may have alot to do with our issues...and weekend warriors ripping up to wmu 350... (cause of the sunday hunting)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up around where we hunt(fort assinaboine ) big surge in wolf population..i think that may have alot to do with our issues...and weekend warriors ripping up to wmu 350... (cause of the sunday hunting)

I hunt and quad up there all year, no wear near the same amount of big game as there was a few years ago. Up around Timue area I have seen a few cougars they got to be hard on deer to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never purchased the supplemental doe tag. Our area as well we are seeing way less deer

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Some areas have an absolute epidemic in whitetail population. In my half hour drive to and from work it is nothing to see 60 deer.. All over the hwy dead too. I had 10 of them on my front lawn an hour ago. Trying to sort through trail cam pics is fricken ridiculous. Drayton valley area also seems to have plenty to go around. Elk are a different story.

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hunt and quad up there all year, no wear near the same amount of big game as there was a few years ago. Up around Timue area I have seen a few cougars they got to be hard on deer to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your absolutely right..weve seen some big cat tracks up havent physically seen any yet but their population is growing as well...

Top Bottom