!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!super important- g.a.s. Brohm ridge development petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Its like the beast that just won't die, just when we think we've got it licked, it comes right back. I'm referring to the proposed development of yet another ski resort with 22,000 bed units, 2 golf courses and a completely useless ski area that eliminates a great riding zone near Squamish, British Columbia. The Garibaldi at Squamish Resort is a land grab in the worst sense, the developers (Aquilinis & Gagliardi) are looking at purchasing crown land at 5 cents on the retail dollar value to build this P.O.S., this would effectively evict snowmobilers from the area so they can build Condos, Starbucks and Walmarts in pristine wilderness. These greedy bastards have managed to set their environmental assessment over the Christmas holidays (they really learned a trick or 2 from the Federal Reserve!!!!) so that it would get lost in the holiday spirit. We have very limited time to send a powerful message to our government here in BC to let them know that sledders have had enough and that we are not OK with this. Help us keep this area for generations to enjoy.

Please take 20 seconds and sign the petition, Please share the petition on facebook, e-mail it to all your friends. Help make this thing go Super Nova!!!! The community can not afford to loose this riding area!!!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/chr...pt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Here is the form that really counts, this one goes straight to the Environmental assessment office: http://www.eao.gov.bc.ca/pcp/forms/garibaldi_at_squamish_form.html

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done, I have rode there several times over the years and where else can you drive 15kms and be in an alpine riding area. Screw the uber rich and there big houses and golf courses in recreational zones.

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Signed it.....though it's a waste of time. The only way you're going to have any effect is to have hundreds of angry sledders show up at a public meeting. Trust me.....bin there, done that. We can't win fighting from our keyboards.

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Signed it.....though it's a waste of time. The only way you're going to have any effect is to have hundreds of angry sledders show up at a public meeting. Trust me.....bin there, done that. We can't win fighting from our keyboards.

Its not a waste of time, it all counts, and yes there is a public meeting coming up on December 18th at the West Coast Railway Museum Hertiage Park, 39645 Government Rd, Squamish, BC, from 12 pm-8 pm, The Environmental Assessment Office will post the form for public comments tomorrow, Dec, 8th, this form really does count. I will post the link to it when it becomes available.
Here are some pics of the area, this what we will loose if the development proceeds.
1031_495050627192014_799071208_n.jpg 12557_495462323817511_1204627727_n.jpg 75920_495050647192012_1893858698_n.jpg 374516_495462383817505_283527726_n.jpg 553042_635595333137542_1827313315_n.jpg 600052_495050623858681_1332397263_n.jpg 1379984_635594949804247_1592779615_n.jpg 1384211_635595383137537_1029279825_n.jpg 1452300_660028130694262_1004770918_n.jpg 1455035_665881113442297_1016656547_n.jpg

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its like the beast that just won't die, just when we think we've got it licked, it comes right back. I'm referring to the proposed development of yet another ski resort with 22,000 bed units, 2 golf courses and a completely useless ski area that eliminates a great riding zone near Squamish, British Columbia. The Garibaldi at Squamish Resort is a land grab in the worst sense, the developers (Aquilinis & Gagliardi) are looking at purchasing crown land at 5 cents on the retail dollar value to build this P.O.S., this would effectively evict snowmobilers from the area so they can build Condos, Starbucks and Walmarts in pristine wilderness. These greedy bastards have managed to set their environmental assessment over the Christmas holidays (they really learned a trick or 2 from the Federal Reserve!!!!) so that it would get lost in the holiday spirit. We have very limited time to send a powerful message to our government here in BC to let them know that sledders have had enough and that we are not OK with this. Help us keep this area for generations to enjoy.

Please take 20 seconds and sign the petition, Please share the petition on facebook, e-mail it to all your friends. Help make this thing go Super Nova!!!! The community can not afford to loose this riding area!!!!! Thanks!-J

http://www.change.org/petitions/chr...pt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
Dont want to sound negative. The only people that are going to get anywhere in this fight, are the people who can show the negative affect on the area.I dont think a bunch gas and oil burning idiots, who have cost the Province hundreds of thousands of dollars in out of bound rescue operations will be looked at as a great loss to the area. Think about it. Water, locals, Whistler lost revenue, more local traffic to the area. What brought people to the area hiking the Outdoor Capital of Canada. Hate to say it, but you need the leaf lickers and tree huggers help. Water is there biggest obstacle. If they get around that, and can swallow the cost of a access road to the top its a done deal. The Cabin in your picture at the top was built, by the first guy putting a ski resort up there. He went bankrupt not just because of the resort development but it was a contributing factor. Then I believe there was a golf course developer. I was told that not one road builder, would give them a quote to build a supply and fire evacuation capable road to the cabin. The Aquilini's, they could be a game changer.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done, but I agree with sledhead. Your going to need all the greenies on this one. Hopefully they show up in full force for this. I doubt it tho, they probably need a new place to drive their caddy to go skiing.

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
There are a lot of greenies against this as well, so far I haven't seen a single person in support of this development that isn't on the payroll or have some conflict of interest showing up at their rallies. There are a lot of people from all demos that don't want to see this thing proceed, the least we can do is show that snowmobilers are adamantly opposed to it. The province has done the math on what snowmobilers contribute to the economy, our voice is far from meaningless.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if its anything like jumbo then we'll still be talking about this development in 20years time,
at wot elevation are the golf courses going to be?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if its anything like jumbo then we'll still be talking about this development in 20years time,
at wot elevation are the golf courses going to be?

there is so much resistance against jumbo resort but yet it continues to move forward. new bridges are currently going in....

does not matter who is against it, it only matters who is FOR it, if it means $ in the gov pockets then it will go forward.

good on ya for fighting the fight but history shows its a losing battle.

Top Bottom