Sundre-Caroline Trails

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how the snow is out that way. Is it good enough for a trail ride?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Live in Didsbury snow is very minimal try getting ahold of the Olds snowmobile club
the Olds snowmobile club has merged with David Thomspon Snow Riders out of Eckville.

They did a ride out at Caroline in December and looked like they had good snow out there for early season at that time, I think MOST of the province is in need of snow right now though.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions were respectable in December but now there is a desperate need for snow. As long as the "Pine Apple Express" weather systems keep hitting the west coast the chance of good snow happening in the west country won't happen. Did I say "Pine Apple Express"!! "I meant Atmospheric River"; Sounds scarier!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around the eckville loop , there is enough to ride yes

With a 3 inch track mountain sled , well it sure don't like it lol

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past if the snow is a little skinny west of Bearberry just head north to the Burnstick Lake area and the snow conditions seem to be a bit better.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting on the deck right now 10 above water running down back alley can’t see me sledding for a while we need snow badly if we can make any of the rallies in the next month or so

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow east of Hanna.

Never rode there, looks like it would be fun right now

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update.
We rode the trails west of Bearberry on Tuesday. Snow was a bit skinny but enough to ride especially once you get onto the pipeline.
Rode Caroline north trails on Wednesday. There was a couple inches new snow. Followed map of trail system posted on David Thompson Snow Riders.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
There is a wack of new snow out there now! If you aren't from the area i suggest getting on the David Thompson Snowriders Facebook page. We have some maps on there for Olds, Caroline, and Eckville trails. Not sure about the Olds and Eckville conditions but i know we have some great snow now on the Caroline South loop and especially the Caroline North loop. Get out there and track it up!

Top Bottom