Suncor well on fire 3-10-12

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
suncor.jpg IMG_0174.JPG Picture of the site still on fire, and a pic from the hoe thats in the background stripping the ground for the next hole.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when all else fails use a diverter for surface.. just saying, spent bout 10 years on a triple and ive seen 2 kicks drilling surface, one being at 41 meters......its not so uncommon as some think

Toy collector

Reaction score
I assume a diverter was beng used, as I believe all surface holes in BC require it. A diverter can only divert, you cannot shut a well in with it. if there is alot of gas, then inevitebly the rig will burn.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am from Calgary, work in the completions group on this project. Investigation is underway and obvious focus right now is securing the well.

I appreciate your view on this martincc. I going out there to get the facts from the guys that were on site, "conspiracy theory" style. As for the 40 days? Really? Cmon i can copy and paste our private conversation on here if you dont want to give some facts that add up?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the guy who just said it had been on the hole for 40 days?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by martincc

I'm work in the D&C team in the calgary office.. Mullen moved the rig in Feb 1st. Was 100% not on surface hole. We're moving equipment out now and planning the remediation work.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they moved the rig Feb1...probably spudded Feb 2 or 3....burning on the 10th of March....that puts 'em 36 or so days in....not likely on surface hole. Polar, are you saying it was or was not on surface?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I appreciate your view on this martincc. I going out there to get the facts from the guys that were on site, "conspiracy theory" style. As for the 40 days? Really? Cmon i can copy and paste our private conversation on here if you dont want to give some facts that add up?
What are you, the CSI of burnin iron. I don't know what you do for a living but if you can walk on site and get more facts than what are being released then you certainly have some pull and may want to change your avatar...lol. They weren't on surface man. Give the guy a break.

martincc

Reaction score
Polarblu.. If you are on site try to talk to the rig crew or drilling supervisors, they can give better info on what stage drilling was in. I was just trying to pass on some already public information which I thought you might appreciate hearing since you seem connected to the incident response. Again, the well is now stable and the drilling group is working with a well control company to secure.

Last edited:

Peanut

Reaction score
Haha, I'm just another "suit" in Calgary so you can feel free to ignore me, but martincc knows what he's talking about.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have no info on this but had our own issues this winter and the story sure does get twisted as it gets smeared all over FB theres always lots of cameras flashin and and so called experts reporting the facts main thing is everyone is ok

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i shouldnt try stiring the pot wasted.............. But i did talk to the operators face to face that were there and they said march then we got hammered then i started typing...........:nono:

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have no info on this but had our own issues this winter and the story sure does get twisted as it gets smeared all over FB theres always lots of cameras flashin and and so called experts reporting the facts main thing is everyone is ok

I agree with Dawg! Iron can be replaced but lives can't ...

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can't replace a life and rigs are built every day. They must have things under control cause the nightsky isn't bright orange at the ranch anymore :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can't replace a life and rigs are built every day. They must have things under control cause the nightsky isn't bright orange at the ranch anymore :)
they are not under control there, cranes are heading out from Grimshaw tomorrow morning to the site to assist in putting out the fire and shutting in the well. almost got to go, but they found an extra tractor to haul counterweights :(

I will have pics from the Laprairie Crane boys of the operation tho.

Top Bottom