Summerization

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All same as above,
Seafoam and top the tank off with 91 shell - no air space = nowhere for condensation to form during temp cycles.

Start ‘em up every once in a while up to operating temp to flash off any moisture in the fuel system and engine.

Fast Orange hand cleaner is one of the best I have found for removing exhaust stains. 👍👍
The new sleds all have vented tanks so there's marginal moisture that might collect and in the meantime, that fuel vaporizes and degrades over the summer. Just my opinion but better off to siphon it and throw some startron or seafoam in and then dump fresh fuel in at the start of next season.

As mentioned, throw a 2x4 between the lugs or suspend the track and elevate the front with bulkhead support if possible. The Cat snowmobile hood cleaner always works really good for taking off any black marks, residue etc. Wash it first and then run it up to temp so that any water that is caught in the pipe insulation gets boiled off, otherwise it will sit there and rot your pipe. Spray some storage fluid down the holes or fog it after that and then I spray 303 protectant on the seat and track, grease it and toss the cover on.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys, its only 7 months of sitting. As long as it is sitting indoors with relative protection from extreme temp changes, it is going to be fine. Throw some fuel stabilizer in there if you are really paranoid, but starting it up every month or two usually does more harm than good unless you are really getting it up to operating temps for a bit. The hardest thing on them is outside moisture and rodents.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^ not sure if it was mentioned but I use bounce dryer sheets for that…just make note of where you put them

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful with shell prem our flying J in Saskatoon had new stickers put on the pump around the start of covid saying all gas has ethanol. Not certain if they are still stating that at that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen a flying j that has ethanol free premium. I’m pretty sure just regular shell stations have the ethanol free premium. Our flying j has ethanol in whitecourt, the one on the east end of Edmonton has ethanol. Even the one I used to go to in Calgary has ethanol in the premium. Was just there in November

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I filled my alpha tank with straight av gas this year to the brim, put in the corner of the garage on the sled dollies and put a 2x4 on edge so the alpha paddles dont fold over where the dolly is. It will now sit until November

Top Bottom