Summerization

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thats not even a real word but Im going with it.

Yes I know to fog the machine since i run skidoo. Question is do you fill with fuel and fuel stabilizer or do you take as much of the fuel out as possible? Also I used to jack the back end up to keep the weight off the tracks and those 3 inch lugs but with the cut tunnel my jack wont work anymore. Is it worth trying to come up with a new way to raise the back end?

Also last question is there anyway to get black belt residue off blue plastic. Stuff seems to now be part of the plastic now.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I know to fog the machine since i run skidoo. Question is do you fill with fuel and fuel stabilizer or do you take as much of the fuel out as possible? Also I used to jack the back end up to keep the weight off the tracks and those 3 inch lugs but with the cut tunnel my jack wont work anymore. Is it worth trying to come up with a new way to raise the back end?

Also last question is there anyway to get black belt residue off blue plastic. Stuff seems to now be part of the plastic now.
I store my sled with shell premium. Has no ethanol. I never add stabilizer to my mountain sled. It only sits 6-7 months. I Just top it up in October/nov and ride it. My ditch Sleds get stabil in the tank cause it doesn’t always snow at home. It may sit a year or 2

To clean the coloured areas. I use eradicator or skidoo cleaner. The doo cleaner stuff works pretty good.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I store my sled with shell premium. Has no ethanol. I never add stabilizer to my mountain sled. It only sits 6-7 months. I Just top it up in October/nov and ride it. My ditch Sleds get stabil in the tank cause it doesn’t always snow at home. It may sit a year or 2

To clean the coloured areas. I use eradicator or skidoo cleaner. The doo cleaner stuff works pretty good.

Be careful with shell prem our flying J in Saskatoon had new stickers put on the pump around the start of covid saying all gas has ethanol. Not certain if they are still stating that at that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes.... seafoam for the couple months it will site doesn't hurt anything. Even a octance booster to some degree will help preserve gas.

SOme jack there sled up, others not so much

THE black residu.... hair spray usually pulls it off pretty quick. WD-40 works as well. you go through alot of rags for this job as you can smear it to another area if not careful

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Spray Nine on white plastic to remove brake dust. Didn't hurt the decals either.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only run ethanol free 91 and store the sled in my garage so no huge temp/humidity swings. I top off with 91 and ride in the fall. Sled usually only sits 5 months or so and first ride is usually sketchy thin snow so not lots of WOT on the mix of old and new gas. No fuel stabilizer for me and never an issue with it.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only run ethanol free 91 and store the sled in my garage so no huge temp/humidity swings. I top off with 91 and ride in the fall. Sled usually only sits 5 months or so and first ride is usually sketchy thin snow so not lots of WOT on the mix of old and new gas. No fuel stabilizer for me and never an issue with it.
Same. But I siphon out my old fuel and add new when I begin to ride next season.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190201-111801_Gallery.jpg

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seafoam and top the tank off with 91 shell - no air space = nowhere for condensation to form during temp cycles.

Start ‘em up every once in a while up to operating temp to flash off any moisture in the fuel system and engine.

Fast Orange hand cleaner is one of the best I have found for removing exhaust stains. 👍👍

Top Bottom