Sugar Bowl - Abraham Lake

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doubt youd get far out there now. I took the kids out to baseline mountain last weekend and there was barely enough snow to keep the sled cool in most spots. Im curious too though, be nice to get some miles on the sled closer to home

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to wait until later feb/ march before there is enough snow in the mountain riding areas out west of rocky

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Doubt youd get far out there now. I took the kids out to baseline mountain last weekend and there was barely enough snow to keep the sled cool in most spots. Im curious too though, be nice to get some miles on the sled closer to home
We rode into Scalp Creek two weeks ago and there was a good start to snow in the areas that arent windblown. The other areas however that are windblown have 6 foot drift in the trees hard as a rock!

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next couple weeks don’t look promising for more snow either. Been hard to catch a break the last few years. be nice to get a decent amount around here for once

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know after a good wind storm Hummingbird can be great for bottomless sugary snow. Was out there a couple years ago in Early march and it was kinda fun.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
I know after a good wind storm Hummingbird can be great for bottomless sugary snow. Was out there a couple years ago in Early march and it was kinda fun.
I may load up the Defender XMR and go check out how far can get into Ranger Creek on the 28th or 29th. Just before its not allowed Feb 1

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went by the sugar bowl staging area today only a couple inches of snow along the highway at best

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how dry it is around nordegg on any year but straight north around Edson can have great snow. I remember heading to Valemount one time and ditch banging around Edson would have been better than the hills. I heard guys say in the 80’s and 90’s blackstone area got lots of snow.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode all those places in the 90's and into the 2000's and the most snow you'll ever see is 2-3'. Hardly anyone knew what good snow was then, only a few guys used to talk about going to BC. I've also seen more avalanches in the eastern slopes than BC ten fold so tread lightly.

Attachments

• Cline 002.jpg
    Cline 002.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Cline 008.jpg
    Cline 008.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 263
Top Bottom